Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE B360M DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i5-8600K
Graphics
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Mini
I'm looking to try a mac on my current build. Am I compatible?

Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M
CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K
Ram: HyperX 2133MHz 8gb DDR4
Video Card: Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Mini

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking to try a mac on my current build. Am I compatible?

Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M
CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K
Ram: HyperX 2133MHz 8gb DDR4
Video Card: Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Mini

Thanks in advance!

The GTX 1050 Ti is not supported on MacOS Mojave, Catalina and the upcoming Big Sur due to lack of Nvidia drivers.

If you want to try to install and run MacOS on your system without changing hardware, the latest version you can try is MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, which is due to go out of support soon.

I recommend you remove your graphics card and (1) use CPU integrated graphics, or (2) replace it with a supported graphics card like RX 570 / RX580 if you really want to install and run MacOS on your system.

The GTX 1050 Ti is not supported on MacOS Mojave, Catalina and the upcoming Big Sur due to lack of Nvidia drivers.

If you want to try to install and run MacOS on your system without changing hardware, the latest version you can try is MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, which is due to go out of support soon.

I recommend you remove your graphics card and (1) use CPU integrated graphics, or (2) replace it with a supported graphics card like RX 570 / RX580 if you really want to install and run MacOS on your system.
Thank you for replying! Is there a kext file or something that I can use to switch to integrated graphics while using the Hackintosh so I can still switch back and forth with Windows?

Thank you for replying! Is there a kext file or something that I can use to switch to integrated graphics while using the Hackintosh so I can still switch back and forth with Windows?

So I assume you want to keep the 1050 Ti?

It is possible to disable the Nvidia card and use CPU integrated graphics when in MacOS, but I have no need to and have not tried that. You will have to search around for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back