Motherboard
MSI z370 PC - PRO
CPU
Intel i7 8700
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi , I'm a complete newbie at this, so my question might sound a bit stupid. I've been planning on building a Hackintosh for a long time now , and am going to finally build one. I was wondering whether the parts in the buyers guide were interchangeable , ie. if I could mix up parts from a CustoMac mini and a CustoMac Pro ? Or if I could pick parts only looking at the complete lists of motherboards , ram , graphics cards etc. Would that not work ?

Thanks anyway,
Purav

Why not? You just need to ensure compatibility. For example using a full size graphic card won't work in a low profile case.

Thanks ! One more thing though. If the ram speed and configuration is the same as the ones provided , can I buy ram from another company ? also , can the speeds be lower if they're supported ?

Last edited:
Thanks ! One more thing though. If the ram speed and configuration is the same as the ones provided , can I buy ram from another company ? also , can the speeds be lower if they're supported ?

Yes, of course you can buy RAM from other companies as long as the RAM works. I use Kingston RAM on my main system myself and it works perfectly. And you can get lower speed RAM as long as it works.

Thanks loads ! Cant wait to buy the parts for my computer ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back