Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Hello :)

I need to update my Haswell build (currently running El Capitan) to the most current Mac OS possible due to software requirements. I tried to update via the guide to no avail, so I'm planning on doing a fresh install. Is this setup compatible with Catalina, or do I need to stick with Mojave or even High Sierra? Any quirks I should know?

GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI LGA 1150 Intel H97

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB SATA III 3D NAND SSD

CORSAIR CX-M series CX430M 430W 80 PLUS BRONZE Active PFC ATX12V & EPS12V

Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Quad-Core 3.2 GHz LGA 1150 84W Intel HD Graphics 4600

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter

Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

I was planning on supplementing the installation guides with this Golden Build example since it is the closest example I could find. I really appreciate any and all help! Thank you in advance!

Is this setup compatible with Catalina, or do I need to stick with Mojave or even High Sierra? Any quirks I should know?
It will work with any of these macOS versions. HD4600 is still supported. If you ever want to upgrade to Big Sur make sure to choose the iMac 15,1 SMBIOS as the iMac 14,2 is no longer supported in Big Sur.

The TP-Link would need some fixes to get it to work with Catalina. Use search to learn more about that or upgrade to a BCM94360CD based card with an adapter.

Thank you! Much appreciated!

To get your HD4600 working the best it can, you'll need these two entries to Device/Properties in your config.plist.

Screen_Shot_11.png

Okay, thank you! How do I make sure those entries are in the config.plist file? Should I search the forums?

How do I make sure those entries are in the config.plist file?
Just open your config.plist with an editor and see if you have those.
Google: plisteditpro and download that. There's a free version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back