Crucial C300 128GB

Will Mountain Lion work on the following build:

i7 2600k
GA-P67A-UD7-B3
GTX 580
GSkill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH
Crucial C300 128GB

TheRainMan
Yes everything looks good in fact that Chimera has been updated to support HD3000 GFX so this will work along w the GTX 580
I do suggest a second HD for non critical stuff as that SSD will get filled up fast
All you need to do is go get a loaner Mac - create the APP store account - purchase the 10.8 update - download and make a 8 gb USB thumb drive
- suggest a good one ( data read and Write) and install per Tonymacx86 guide.

Are you doing a Dual Boot with W7

TheRainMan
Yes everything looks good in fact that Chimera has been updated to support HD3000 GFX so this will work along w the GTX 580
I do suggest a second HD for non critical stuff as that SSD will get filled up fast
All you need to do is go get a loaner Mac - create the APP store account - purchase the 10.8 update - download and make a 8 gb USB thumb drive
- suggest a good one ( data read and Write) and install per Tonymacx86 guide.

Are you doing a Dual Boot with W7
Probably not

Will consider adding a few hard drives in a RAID array for storage.

Probably not

Will consider adding a few hard drives in a RAID array for storage.

TheRainMan

Buiding a raid array in OSX on motherboards set to AHCi is a bit tricky and you may need to look into using a software raid for the hack or a dedicated Controller that is supported in OSX to build the raid array.

TheRainMan

Buiding a raid array in OSX on motherboards set to AHCi is a bit tricky and you may need to look into using a software raid for the hack or a dedicated Controller that is supported in OSX to build the raid array.

Ah, I see. I suspected something like that would be an issue so I think I will just put off getting extra storage until I need it.

So any guide like this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html will work for my PC? Sounds good to me. Just need to look more into DSDT thing and when I should/shouldn't use it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back