Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I try to installing Catalina on my:
Lenovo E15
i7-10510U
HD620/630 I’am Not sure?!
AMD RX 640
16GB RAM
I put a second SSD in the Laptop, build on some different way’s (clover/opencore boot sticks) with guides from here and some other guides witch I found in the WWW.

I got with both Sticks (clover/OC) the same result after starting the installation, see the pictures attached to this posting.
Maybe you can help me???

Disabled in Bios:
Wake on Lan
Secure Boot

VT-D
Csm

clover
110F1F58-5BA7-4C98-8473-A64652CF2B86.jpeg

Opencore
818AF757-1D35-42AB-B3B4-FA35FC8E5785.jpeg

Attachments

• MO-EFI mit +++++++.zip
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 120
  • OC-fail-EFI.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Hello,

Lenovo E15
i7-10510U
AMD RX 640
16GB RAM
I put a second SSD in the Laptop, build on some different way’s (clover/opencore boot sticks) with guides from here and some other guides witch I found in the WWW.

I got with both Sticks (clover/OC) the same result after starting the installation, see the pictures attached to this posting.
Maybe you can help me???

Disabled in Bios:
Wake on Lan
Secure Boot

VT-D
Csm

clover
View attachment 479486

Opencore
View attachment 479485
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Thank you for posting ur EFI here, But my laptop is Samsung GalaxyBook Flex 2020,i7-1065G7+16G LPDDR4X 3733

After using your config file,I can boot into osx(10.15.4) system,but the cpu type is shown as Quad-Core Intel Xeon and
Memory type is recognized as DDR3.iGPU type is Intel Ice Lake GT2 7Mb VRAM,

I think the newest osx system(10.15.5 Beta 1,etc)and clover may make it works normally.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex13.3, too. But it is equipped with i5-1035G4, and the GPU does not work at all in maOS Catalina.

Hello,

Lenovo E15
i7-10510U
AMD RX 640
16GB RAM

Maybe you can help me???

Disabled in Bios:
Wake on Lan
Secure Boot

VT-D
Csm

clover
View attachment 479486

Opencore
View attachment 479485

Avs73, I was looking at a bunch of laptops and found the legion 5i but now I believe your Thinkpad e15 hits all the right marks for me. I was wondering if you got any further along with it and if you picked the E15 because it has that AMD RX 640 and you believe it maybe able to be used in 10.15/10.16? I was looking for a laptop with a AMD graphics and gave up and settled on the legion 5i but now I see your R15 has what I wanted. Anyway curious about any oddball things you see on your machine that may lead to issues with macOS? IE trackpad with alps trackpad, or audio from something other then ALC. Its been a while since I hackintoshed, not since 2008-2010. THANKS

Update: I found this ->https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/new-radeon-rx-640-found-in-19-4-3-driver.255454/

The radeon rx 640 is supported by drivers written by Apple in 2018 aka RX 550X. This is very good for the thinkpad E15. I'm going to buy this laptop soon as there are also 2 other tonymacs members working on hackintoshing it. It is horrible for heat though, and org amd architecture is from 2011, which sorta sucks.

Its odd looking at the specs in comparison, the amd is only slightly better then on board graphics.

See: https://technical.city/en/video/Radeon-RX-640-vs-UHD-Graphics

Last edited:
Hello, I was unfortunately told in another forum that the AMD RX 640 is not hackintosh compatible, but I would be very happy if your information is correct. So far I haven't got into the installer with OpenCore or Clover. Get stuck in the same place with both.

Please, show me the Links to the other peoples who try to make the E15 Hackintosh.
I'am sure it will be fine with Mac OS, but it will be take some Time and work to finish.

Attachments

• Lenovo E15 OC.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 203
  • opencore-2020-08-01-073015.txt
    256 KB · Views: 106
  • opencore-2020-08-01-073649.txt
    256 KB · Views: 69
Sparkesj2, I could not get OC boot until i made this changes:
Code:
<key> RebuildAppleMemoryMap </key>
<false />
<key> SetupVirtualMap </key>
<false />
You have duplicated DSDT patches, check everything and leave only the necessary.
look at my EFI. Compare and try to make your own.
I have Dell 5593 with 1035g1, i spent a lot of time to get it work.
Working fine: BT from QCA9377 module, usb ports, battery status, touchpad, keyboard
Not working: wifi QCA9377 module (i use usb TPLink Archer), gpu acceleration, integrated audio (i use an external sound card and BT speakers), brightness control, hdmi port.
The one thing left to fix for me is a gpu. But i tried all fb from WEG manual and no luck.

Thank you for your EFI - I was able to install 10.15.6. - Also to get ethernet working, I used RealtekRTL8100.kext v1 (not the latest) and integrated audio with voodooHDA.kext instead of AppleALC - tried all the layouts but none would work. Brightness appears to work only when it is rebooted but no controls to see while adjusting. No luck with gpu acceleration haven't tested HDMI yet.

EDITED ON Aug 12: BATTERY ISSUE IS NOW FIXED! Everything's now ok :)

Hello!
I'm having post-install trouble with my hackintosh. It's an ASUS Zenbook 14 UX431F.

Specs of my laptop:
  • Intel Core i5 10210U + Intel UHD 630 iGPU -- Graphics WORKS!
  • 8GB LPDDR3
  • Codec is ALC294 -- Speakers don't work ATM, using built AppleALC from source and layout 21 make headphones and HDMI work.
  • Intel SSD NVMe 512GB -- Works!
  • Intel WiFi AC 9462 -- WORKS!
  • Touchpad doesn't work, it used to work but don't know how to get it back...
  • 14" 1080p

So far there's two problems with it:

1. Battery is not detected, neither SMCBatteryManager nor ACPIBatteryManager, so I can't see its status.

Also there's this error on startup logs:

2020-08-05 08:13:02.909437+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) SMCBatteryManager bmgr: @ failed to find batteries or adapters!
    2020-08-05 08:13:02.909446+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) SMCBatteryManager smcbus: @ BatteryManager probe failure

SOLVED: The AC adapter wasn't detected, hence the issue. Patched and working! :)
  2. Media playing is not working. Simply can't play anything, i click play and it pauses immediately. PARTIAL WORKING: HDMI and headphone WORKS and is detected automatically! Speakers works on layout 66, and microphone works on layout 21. Maybe an union of these layouts would be essential...
I tried DSDT patching with RehabMan's guide but still no luck, something's tricky or so and I can't figure it out...

Hope I could get a little advice or help with this.

Last edited:
Hello, I was unfortunately told in another forum that the AMD RX 640 is not hackintosh compatible, but I would be very happy if your information is correct. So far I haven't got into the installer with OpenCore or Clover. Get stuck in the same place with both.

Please, show me the Links to the other peoples who try to make the E15 Hackintosh.
I'am sure it will be fine with Mac OS, but it will be take some Time and work to finish.

I'm not so sure either after researching this more. The graphics chip is super old, circa 2011. Although there is mention of the chip in 1 link online, it's someone talking about Bootcamp. It appears Apple wrote a driver for the older SOC RX 550. This is built on but then AMD repackaged it into the RX 640, and that is a big problem for getting the older driver to actually work. I'm sure its possible with some work but I'm not thinking I'd rather go with another laptop. I found the Alienware m15 r3 actually is basically a MacBook with a Radeon 5500m chip, but Dell had to solder everything to the board and mess it all up. Its soldered RAM and WLAN. So I think the best bet still seems to be a Intel only or Intel and Nvidia for Windows only use.

The new macbook pro has a Intel Core i7-1068G7 Ice Lake. The laptop I'm looking to get as soon as its released is the Thinkpad t15p, which has a Core i7-10510U Comet Lake-U. I know people are starting to get the 10th gen CPUs working but I wonder if these differences between the Mac using Ice Lake, and a lot of the PCs having Comet Lake matter?

Comet and Ice Lake are completely different afaik. Ice Lake should be supported natively (as you mentioned because of the new MacBooks) but is not really well documented and figured out yet. Comet Lake works for the most part by just treating it as Coffee Lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back