Contribute
Register

Comments on Big Sur Beta 1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
"From all of" us seems an overstatement because members the hackintosh family surely did not contribute to Apple's fortunes, in monetary terms, at all.

Greeting henties
Sorry but to say or describe the poster's view as an over statement is in my view slightly harsh. Ok his statement maybe slightly exaggerated but I will bet you the most expensive genuine kitted out Mac Pro machine against all my hacks including Apple iPhone 11pro max (two of them, the wife's and mine plus the wife's iPad) an Apple Watch plus my extensive movie collection, 95% bought from Apple, plus a subscription for Apple TV+, not to mention payment to have one terabyte of extra iCloud storage, subscription to Apple Beta Program and last but not least, buying the Snow Leopard installation Disk from Apple all those years ago for my first hack. Now that I have listed my entire contribution to Apple's coffers, I can gurantee that 99.9999999% of members running hacks has some kind of Apple product that they purchased, just because they didn't buy an over priced iMac doesn't disqualify them.

I like to think it is not because we can't afford an iMac but it is a hobby that we enjoy, the tinkering, the frustration, the determination and the sheer pleasure of seeing the desktop at the end of the struggle.
Long may we continue to enjoy running our hacks and sites like this one to aid and encourage us - Peace.

Sorry but to say or describe the poster's view as an over statement is in my view slightly harsh. Ok his statement maybe slightly exaggerated but I will bet you the most expensive genuine kitted out Mac Pro machine against all my hacks including Apple iPhone 11pro max (two of them, the wife's and mine plus the wife's iPad) an Apple Watch plus my extensive movie collection, 95% bought from Apple, plus a subscription for Apple TV+, not to mention payment to have one terabyte of extra iCloud storage, subscription to Apple Beta Program and last but not least, buying the Snow Leopard installation Disk from Apple all those years ago for my first hack. Now that I have listed my entire contribution to Apple's coffers, I can gurantee that 99.9999999% of members running hacks has some kind of Apple product that they purchased, just because they didn't buy an over priced iMac doesn't disqualify them.

I like to think it is not because we can't afford an iMac but it is a hobby that we enjoy, the tinkering, the frustration, the determination and the sheer pleasure of seeing the desktop at the end of the struggle.
Long may we continue to enjoy running our hacks and sites like this one to aid and encourage us - Peace.
Well put, yes I enjoy my hobby and contribute to the community, I just looked up how much I pay Apple, it scared me, more than any other big organisation second was Amazon and Amazon prime another big if not the biggest of them them all with $ Trillions, get my motherboard processors SSDs and memory from them

@esafeddie I totally agree with your sentiments, my own remarks were supposed to cover only "Apple's non income" exclusively from the hacking activities of us hackers. After revisiting my posting I realized that my wording was not accurate and did not reflect what I meant to convey, I am sorry about that confusion, my apologies being directed to @bern047 specifically and everybody else that felt affronted.
I am in the same boat when I take stock of the Apple hardware that I purchased over the years, non stop so to speak, starting with an Apple IIe way back down memory lane.

Greetings henties

@esafeddie I totally agree with your sentiments, my own remarks were supposed to cover only "Apple's non income" exclusively from the hacking activities of us hackers. After revisiting my posting I realized that my wording was not accurate and did not reflect what I meant to convey, I am sorry about that confusion, my apologies being directed to @bern047 specifically and everybody else that felt affronted.
I am in the same boat when I take stock of the Apple hardware that I purchased over the years, non stop so to speak, starting with an Apple IIe way back down memory lane.

Greetings henties
No worries my friend, we have all directly or indirectly contributed to Apple's amassed fortune in one way or another, I personally have no qualms about running a hack for as long as possible until the T2 and Apple silicone era kicks in and that will be another river to cross or be swept away by it. :)

They are too busy counting their 2 trillion dollars from all of us
Apple does not have 2 trillion dollars. None of their market valuation came from us or from their customers directly. 2 trillion dollars is what Apple's owners are currently buying/selling Apple the company for and nothing more.

Apple does not have 2 trillion dollars. None of their market valuation came from us or from their customers directly. 2 trillion dollars is what Apple's owners are currently buying/selling Apple the company for and nothing more.
Thanks for clearing that up, I must admit that I have shares in Apple accumulated over that last 10 years after working as an employee for Apple in he UK so can't complain as I get my bonuses and payback, thank-you apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back