Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics + GTX1650 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! I am having a little problem now with my iGPU on OC Big Sur. The iGPU, though being Comet Lake, is not UHD630, and is instead, according to daliansky's list of all GPUs, "Intel Comet Lake GT2" with device-id 0x9BC4, which is natively supported as per the WhateverGreen FAQ. Unfortunately there is no DVMT option in my BIOS, so I implemented a Framebuffer stolen patch in device properties as in my config. (I would really appreciate if some one could explain the stolen patch's mechanism for me so that I could know why I am doing this - e.g. does it have to do with VRAM). I've tried all ig-platform-ids, and none of them work. If I use an invalid one, I can boot into the system but with no acceleration (32MB VRAM). Otherwise it gets stuck on the Apple Icon + Progress Bar after the screen lightens up (probably due to the presence of the PNLF device) (in verbose, IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLock). I really want to know what is causing this problem and how to solve it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Config attached below.

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.5 KB · Views: 69
Charlie, this should be posted in Big Sur Laptop Support as this forum is for desktop graphics.

OK Thanks, perhaps you could help me to move it there:)

But how do you expect to get a picture if you're not telling what kind of graphics card you're having? Did you actually read any of the guides? This is simple as plain bread to get it working.

Read here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore....plist/coffee-lake-plus.html#deviceproperties

Add two things: AAPL,ig-platform-id: 0900A53E and the device-id: 9B3E0000 and you should be good to go.

Enable screen sharing on your machine so you can connect from another one in case there are other issues.

Good luck

Of course I read the guides. The thing is my machine’s IGPU IS “Intel UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Core Processors” instead of something like “UHD 630”.
I don’t think I need the device-id thing, because whatevergreen’s faq states that my device id is natively supported: 0x9BC4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back