Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Comet Lake 10900k: can't enable iGPU for headless mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since at least one of those framebuffers does work for people who have the exact same CPU, I’m starting to believe that there’s something else preventing me from using Sidecar. Could it also be related to my dGPU (maybe the ATY,Belknap entry because that’s quite new)? Not at my PC right now but will check on that later.

Edit: nope.

Last edited:
Not sure what happened to fix your Bluetooth.

If you had said your Ethernet was now working that would be another matter, as I did add an Ethernet kext to the new EFI.

Below I have posted screenshots of the OC folder contents from your previous EFI and the one I provided. There are some major differences, but none are obviously Bluetooth related.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 21.55.41.png Previous /EFI/OC folder contents

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 21.55.50.png Revised /EFI/OC folder contents

Yeah, turned out it got temporarily fixed by resetting the nvram. But the bluetooth issue always comes back after a couple of reboots.

I assume you are using a Broadcom WiFi/BT card on a PCIe adapter, as you don't have any of the normal Intel WiFi/BT kexts in your OC setup.

Do you know which card you are using?

It’s a Fenvi T919, I bought it because it works OOB and even in both the BIOS and the OC bootloader.

But after another lookup I think it's a macOS bug and not Hackintosh related. There's even a thread in the Apple forums.

Last edited:
I finally found the correct platform ID in order to make SideCar work. I explained the situation to ChatGPT and it gave me a list of IDs to try. This was the list:

0x3E9B0007
0x3E9B0008
0x3E9B0009
0x3E9B000A
0x3E9B000C

So in reverse pairs:

07009B3E
08009B3E
09009B3E
0A009B3E
0C009B3E

And while 07009B3E didn't work for me (as posted earlier in this thread), the second one did the trick. So 08009B3E it is.

There were other IDs in this thread that basically worked for me, but all of them caused my macOS to take minutes to boot, as discussed earlier. 08009B3E is the first ID that not only successfully enables SideCar, but also doesn't interfere with the boot process.

It blows my mind that an AI could solve this problem in seconds after trying so many different IDs without success. The strange thing is, when I search for "10900k 08009B3E" or something, there really isn't much to see. Which means there would have been absolutely no way for me to come across this ID.

Good to hear you have solved this issue.

I finally found the correct platform ID in order to make SideCar work. I explained the situation to ChatGPT and it gave me a list of IDs to try. This was the list:

0x3E9B0007
0x3E9B0008
0x3E9B0009
0x3E9B000A
0x3E9B000C

So in reverse pairs:

07009B3E
08009B3E
09009B3E
0A009B3E
0C009B3E

And while 07009B3E didn't work for me (as posted earlier in this thread), the second one did the trick. So 08009B3E it is.

There were other IDs in this thread that basically worked for me, but all of them caused my macOS to take minutes to boot, as discussed earlier. 08009B3E is the first ID that not only successfully enables SideCar, but also doesn't interfere with the boot process.

It blows my mind that an AI could solve this problem in seconds after trying so many different IDs without success. The strange thing is, when I search for "10900k 08009B3E" or something, there really isn't much to see. Which means there would have been absolutely no way for me to come across this ID.
Nice to know that you fixed it. But, are you sure framebuffer 0x3E9B0008 does not cause a boot delay because it's still a mobile framebuffer with one connector. This framebuffer ID is also listed in the link that @Edhawk posted earlier in this thread. Anyways, as long as you have sidecar working that's what matters.

Nice to know that you fixed it. But, are you sure framebuffer 0x3E9B0008 does not cause a boot delay because it's still a mobile framebuffer with one connector. This framebuffer ID is also listed in the link that @Edhawk posted earlier in this thread. Anyways, as long as you have sidecar working that's what matters.
There’s indeed some delay as I noticed afterwards (after marking the thread as resolved). It now takes about 30 seconds to boot, which is a bit longer than before, but still okayish enough to not bother trying any further. I remember some other IDs from earlier in this thread that also got Sidecar to work, but gave me horrendous boot times in exchange (40 seconds up to 3 minutes or so) or even destabilized the system (if I recall correctly! It’s been a while).

I'll be happy to try other IDs, though, if there are any I haven't tried yet. I mean It's still a mystery to me why I've never found an ID that successfully enables Sidecar without affecting boot times at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back