None
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I can't install combo updates 10.6.7 or/and 10.6.8, everytime I start the installation I get following error:

"The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

I installed Snow Leopard 10.6 via iBoot and tried it with and without BridgeHelper. All previous Combo Updates (10.6.1-10.6.6) go through fine, but no chance for 10.6.7 or 10.6.8.

Any idea what I can do?

My Configuration:

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
i7 2600k
Point of view GTX 470
Samsung SSD 830 128GB
4GB RAM installed

Thanks

Don't know if this will help, but several of my updates were failing with the same error message. After many tries with 10.6.4 - 7, I was about to give up. I then noticed a small icon on the top right of the title bar of the window for the update installer. I clicked on it and it was some type of validation certificate which had expired, therefore failing whatever validation process OS X must require. I re-downloaded the updates from Apple and installed the 10.6.7 update without a problem. Well, that's not entirely true, several problems but the installation completed successfully. The new downloads have valid certificates with future expiration dates, i.e. 2019. I guess I held on to my original updates for too long before attempting the build.
Hope this helps, good luck!

All I had to do was change the date on my system to before the exp date. Worked just fine after that! Hope that helps~!

-Derf~!

wow! just changing the dates worked for me... *slow clap* wohoooo.. thank you guys.. you're great...

Wow~~~~~~~~~~~~
very very thanks to aloof1. Your post can working even now 2012.
coooool. you did save my life.......
OMG....THnx and Thnx ....God bless you!

aloof1 said:
Don't know if this will help, but several of my updates were failing with the same error message. After many tries with 10.6.4 - 7, I was about to give up. I then noticed a small icon on the top right of the title bar of the window for the update installer. I clicked on it and it was some type of validation certificate which had expired, therefore failing whatever validation process OS X must require. I re-downloaded the updates from Apple and installed the 10.6.7 update without a problem. Well, that's not entirely true, several problems but the installation completed successfully. The new downloads have valid certificates with future expiration dates, i.e. 2019. I guess I held on to my original updates for too long before attempting the build.
Hope this helps, good luck!

Great!!! Worked perfectly...i was already about to look for another download but...you save me that time!

Computers...so easy to trick them sometimes! :D I also just changed the date to be able to install.

Its like the old trial versions of programs. When they were about to finish you just change the date of the system and voilá! ;D

Cheers

Compete newb, how do I change the date?

I used your advice and got good results. During the "Failed Installation" notice, the top right icon on the 10.6.8 update installer got me to a list that included "Expires After March 23, 2102". So I closed the installer and went to the computer date and, after taking it off "automatic time and date" mode, I simply changed the date to before March 2012. Everything went OK after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back