ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I am trying to get my external microphone working (via combo-jack), and can't do that successfully.

I could use it with my old AppleHDA from Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher, but with that old kext my internal mic wasn't working, and in many times when plugging headphones the sound was distorted (So I needed to plug my headphones prior to boot)

My new AppleHDA is working almost perfectly - my internal mic is working (input is very quiet though, but it happens in Windows as well), I can plug headphones whenever I want without problems, and my internal speakers work as well.
The only problem in this kext is the Line-In input, which is not working. Not even detected as connected, it's still using the built-in mic even when external is connected.
I've got this kext in a deleted InsanelyMac thread, so I can't really credit the creator :(

When trying to add Line-In properties (layout3.xml.zlib, platforms.xml.zlib) from my old kext to the new one, nothing happens (And one time I lost audio capabilities)
I want them to move from Mirone's kext to my new one, because in the new one my Line-Out is working well (Headphones output)

The 2 kext are attached (with proper names for identification of course).
If someone could help me by telling me what should move from one place to another, I would really appreciate that.
Maybe I should edit more than just layout3.xml.zlib and platforms.xml.zlib? And how do I edit those properly? (I know how technically, but don't know which content to change)

The codec is ALC255.
I use audio layout 3
(Already tested other ALC255 files, they didn't give me 'the full package' of properly working input+output from both built in and combo-jack)

Thanks!

Attachments

• AppleHDA Files.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Hi,

I am trying to get my external microphone working (via combo-jack), and can't do that successfully.

I could use it with my old AppleHDA from Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher, but with that old kext my internal mic wasn't working, and in many times when plugging headphones the sound was distorted (So I needed to plug my headphones prior to boot)

My new AppleHDA is working almost perfectly - my internal mic is working (input is very quiet though, but it happens in Windows as well), I can plug headphones whenever I want without problems, and my internal speakers work as well.
The only problem in this kext is the Line-In input, which is not working. Not even detected as connected, it's still using the built-in mic even when external is connected.
I've got this kext in a deleted InsanelyMac thread, so I can't really credit the creator :(

When trying to add Line-In properties (layout3.xml.zlib, platforms.xml.zlib) from my old kext to the new one, nothing happens (And one time I lost audio capabilities)
I want them to move from Mirone's kext to my new one, because in the new one my Line-Out is working well (Headphones output)

The 2 kext are attached (with proper names for identification of course).
If someone could help me by telling me what should move from one place to another, I would really appreciate that.
Maybe I should edit more than just layout3.xml.zlib and platforms.xml.zlib? And how do I edit those properly? (I know how technically, but don't know which content to change)

The codec is ALC255.
I use audio layout 3
(Already tested other ALC255 files, they didn't give me 'the full package' of properly working input+output from both built in and combo-jack)

Thanks!

The pinconfigs are equally important...

The pinconfigs are equally important...
Could you please explain about some modifications I need there, like identifying the needed places to be edited?
I understood you mean the info.plist of AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext, but the pinconfigs section is basically a giant dictionary, very easy to get lost in there :(

Could you please explain about some modifications I need there, like identifying the needed places to be edited?
I understood you mean the info.plist of AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext, but the pinconfigs section is basically a giant dictionary, very easy to get lost in there :(
First, you should grab right pinconfigs.And then you need to know right nodes to correct platforms.xml.
Check your layout*.xml is correct(layoutID,PathMapID and other).
If you need to override codeccommander.kext, you may see Intel's High Definition Audio Specification to get help.

Pinconfigs are set with PinConfigDefault verbs in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext ('ConfigData').
If you read the Intel HDA specification, it will make more sense...

Well, I guess that was a strange timing :p
The latest AppleALC commit yesterday includes a 100% support for my X556UA with ALC255.
Both internal and external input/output devices work flawlessly!
(HDMI Audio working as well)

Just restored to vanilla AppleHDA, built the kext from source + installed, changed my layout-id to 27 and it's working great!

Kext is attached BTW :)

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    518.7 KB · Views: 137
Well, I guess that was a strange timing :p
The latest AppleALC commit yesterday includes a 100% support for my X556UA with ALC255.
Both internal and external input/output devices work flawlessly!
(HDMI Audio working as well)

Just restored to vanilla AppleHDA, built the kext from source + installed, changed my layout-id to 27 and it's working great!

Kext is attached BTW :)

It would probably be educational to study the difference in the pinconfigs/pathmaps/layout XML between what you were using before and the new content related to layout-id=27 (for your codec) in AppleALC.kext.

It would probably be educational to study the difference in the pinconfigs/pathmaps/layout XML between what you were using before and the new content related to layout-id=27 (for your codec) in AppleALC.kext.
Yes, I guess you are right.
I’ll try to figure that today, do some reading :)
Maybe I’ll understand what’s going on in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back