Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not the same. U310/U410 have a 'Conexant CX20672', while yours is 'Realtek ALC269VC'.

Just wanted to provide you with an update...

Found an AppleHDA.kext that was patched for ALC269VC
Then I used your Audio Layout 12 patch in MACiASL and modified it with the codec-id and layout-id I need.
Applied the modified patch.
Re-applied IRQFix (for good measure)
Repaired Permissions and rebuilt kernel cache.
Audio and internal mic is now working!

Thank you so much for your help, RehabMan!

I can post the modified patch here if you'd like.

Just wanted to provide you with an update...

Found an AppleHDA.kext that was patched for ALC269VC
Then I used your Audio Layout 12 patch in MACiASL and modified it with the codec-id and layout-id I need.
Applied the modified patch.
Re-applied IRQFix (for good measure)
Repaired Permissions and rebuilt kernel cache.
Audio and internal mic is now working!

Thank you so much for your help, RehabMan!

I can post the modified patch here if you'd like.

IRQ patch should not be applied more than once (I'm not sure if it deals with removing itself all that well...)

Hi everyone,
I have a question about the brightness buttons.
I have applied the DSDT patch for brightness, installed the ACPIBacklight kext and VoodooPS2Controller kext from Rehabman so the brightness control works.
There are two fn-keys controlling brightness that don't generate any ps2 code and hence are handled by BIOS.
Is it possible by a DSDT patch to tweak the BIOS handlers and force them to produce a ps2 code so that apple brightness control could take care of that?
Does anyone have a hunch and could give an advice?
I am interested in it because there is few other dead keys that could get a purpose:)

Hi everyone,
I have a question about the brightness buttons.
I have applied the DSDT patch for brightness, installed the ACPIBacklight kext and VoodooPS2Controller kext from Rehabman so the brightness control works.
There are two fn-keys controlling brightness that don't generate any ps2 code and hence are handled by BIOS.
Is it possible by a DSDT patch to tweak the BIOS handlers and force them to produce a ps2 code so that apple brightness control could take care of that?
Does anyone have a hunch and could give an advice?
I am interested in it because there is few other dead keys that could get a purpose:)

This was solved earlier in this thread.

Hey, just wanted to thank the original poster and everyone else in this thread. I've tried unsuccessfully a few times to install OS X on my U410, but finally was able to get a fairly stable system after reading this thread. I think the tools have also gotten better since I first tried (Unibeast, etc); didn't even need a USB mouse or keyboard this time. Still having a little trouble with brightness and volume, but I was able to figure out the webcam, so maybe reading through the thread again a couple times will help. Thanks!

Just a little tidbit I discovered, on some computers, the mac os brightness control is mapped to fn+home and fn+pgup. I havent been able to remap them because the native brightness keys dont produce a code and control brightness in some other manner.

Also, I've been killing myself trying to get my bios whitelisted and still have yet to have it happen. Any tips?

Just a little tidbit I discovered, on some computers, the mac os brightness control is mapped to fn+home and fn+pgup. I havent been able to remap them because the native brightness keys dont produce a code and control brightness in some other manner.

Also, I've been killing myself trying to get my bios whitelisted and still have yet to have it happen. Any tips?

This is discussed in this thread. Native keys are handled via ACPI and can be mapped to native controls using DSDT patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back