Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, does anyone know if it is okay(and safe) to update to macOS Sierra 10.12? My u410 is currently on Mavericks 10.9.5 (installed via this guide in 2014) and i have not updated to Yosemite or El capitan as i rarely used the laptop at the time, however i am planning to start using this hackintosh laptop again and would love to update it.

Thanks

Thanks RehabMan. If i was to update, is there any updates i should do in regards to the bootloader as i am using chimera (from this guide and still on Mavericks 10.9.5) or can will it the update process be quite simple? Also would you recommend updating to 10.12 this early or shall i update to 10.11 as i can download 10.11 via 'purchased' in the app store?

Thanks

Chimera not supported in 10.11+. Suggest you migrate to Clover prior to updating.

Chimera not supported in 10.11+. Suggest you migrate to Clover prior to updating.
okay thanks for the help. Could you point me in the right direction in regards to migrating to clover please?

okay thanks for the help. Could you point me in the right direction in regards to migrating to clover please?

There is a Clover-based guide for the u310/u410 if you search for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back