Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Forcing RGB mode for problematic displays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Awesome work! Thanks!!
In fact there already have been several similar methods on the internet as even a few Macs encountered the issue, but those are complicated and only tested with laptops. I didn’t try Hackintool until today, and I just thought it might be worthy to try.

In fact there already have been several similar methods on the internet as even a few Macs encountered the issue, but those are complicated and only tested with laptops. I didn’t try Hackintool until today, and I just thought it might be worthy to try.

I can confirm it's working for me too. :thumbup:

This should be a macOS issue instead of a Hackintosh one. macOS might generate a corrupt profile for a display that would work improperly, so a correct profile that overrides the corrupt one will solve it. It is ironical that the easiest way to solve is from a Hackintosh tool.

This should be a macOS issue instead of a Hackintosh one. macOS might generate a corrupt profile for a display that would work improperly, so a correct profile that overrides the corrupt one will solve it. It is ironical that the easiest way to solve is from a Hackintosh tool.

Yes, I think it also affects real Macs.

The results do not change after updating to macOS 10.14.6.

Sorry for asking: where do I find that hackintool. I could not see it with the downloads.

I have no idea what to try next. I might have a problem with the graphics card (Gigabyte Radeon RX 580). I thought it would run out of the box ... but it might be somewhere else too...

I can log into my updated mojave but it works only for a couple of seconds and then everything freezes but the mouse arrow. I can move the mouse but cannot select anything.

See my post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/i-can-log-into-mojave-but-only-the-mouse-arrow-lives.281550/

So it might have nothing to do with my graphics card but still i would like to check with that tool ...
Thanks for your support

thank you

i just fail to use it on the machine ... because the system freezes after login. is there something like a safe mode to go further (it tried shift while pressing return in clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back