Contribute
Register

[Color profile] HP Probook 4530s with *Hardware calibration*

Status
Not open for further replies.
GregCH said:
what is wrong with advanced display calibration in system preferences??? very detailed. gives me great results for screen on 4730s.

---------
sent from Galaxy Nexus.
It gave me such a blue tint, weird yellow and weird blue which I consider unacceptable and be willing to pay $200 for hardware colorimeter, happy with though. Anyway, you should feel lucky as your hardware is approximate enough that you can do expert mode visual calibration, I believe not everybody here is as fortunate as you are :thumbup:

Likemike said:
Unfortunately it is like I thought. The profiles are very monitor specific. I´ve also the AUO B156HW01 v4 and if I set your AUO v4 profile the screen gets a extreme green color touch. So it is not good for me. But thx 4 sharing.

I get also a green touch on my AUO v4.
Well I will send it back.

I can't recommend my calibration file, I changed back to default and calibrated with the mac build in software.

Guys, check this profile for the AUO v4 1080p, it looks great on my 4530s.

P.S. I'd appreciate input on the profile if anyone have tried it :)

Attachments

• Spyder3Express.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 210
Chipsybg said:
Guys, check this profile for the AUO v4 1080p, it looks great on my 4530s.

P.S. I'd appreciate input on the profile if anyone have tried it :)

still green'ish so no go, same as with my Spyder4Elite that I have sent back.

I tried the various profiles incl the Spyder3, but most get too greyish.

I recalibrated my AUO v4 myself using the calibration provided by Apple in the menus.

To me the trick is to NOT look at the apple shape in the square with lines. Just look at the text above it (so read the instructions) while setting the slider left and right. This way to me it gets much easier to figure out a match as the apple should more or less disappear into the lines/background.
Works fine for me. I believe recalibration after some time is necessary.
Thanks for the profiles but they don't convince me.

Seems that there are variations with each monitor, so there is no universal profile.
Best way is to spend some $ on a hardware calibration device or, if calibration is not important, do it with the Apple calibration tool.

Chipsybg said:
Seems that there are variations with each monitor, so there is no universal profile.
Best way is to spend some $ on a hardware calibration device or, if calibration is not important, do it with the Apple calibration tool.

screw the Calibration HW, I sent back my Spyder4Elite today. After calibration with Spyder4 the LCD was greenish better was with the software calibration from Apple.

xequtor said:
screw the Calibration HW, I sent back my Spyder4Elite today. After calibration with Spyder4 the LCD was greenish better was with the software calibration from Apple.

You must be joking, if color accuracy is critical, HW calibration is the way to go. I do photography for a living and OS calibration tools are never accurate enough. My Spyder3 is not top of the line, but at least colors are correct and I always know what to expect when printing on paper. Maybe you had a defective Spyder4 :?

Chipsybg said:
xequtor said:

You must be joking, if color accuracy is critical, HW calibration is the way to go. I do photography for a living and OS calibration tools are never accurate enough. My Spyder3 is not top of the line, but at least colors are correct and I always know what to expect when printing on paper. Maybe you had a defective Spyder4 :?

Sure HW calibration is the way to go just two users one with Spyder4Elite (me) and one with Spyder3 had same problem after calibration greenish screen, with my 24" I had no problem just with AUO V4 LCD.

I have a question, it could be stupid one on mac forum but anybody know how change this colour profie on windows 7? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back