Contribute
Register

[Color profile] HP Probook 4530s with *Hardware calibration*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on embedding manufacturer and device ID into the profile (so you may know exactly whether your hardware is the same as mine, and you don't have to uncheck "Show profile for this display only"). Will have an update soon.
For those who already replaced the LCD or feel it is to warm when using the profile I uploaded, please be patient until xequtor share his calibrated profile.

Thanks, my report on yellow is on an i3 4530s with default screen. Never changed anything like cables or screen. If you need more info let me know.

glengoyne17 said:
Thanks, my report on yellow is on an i3 4530s with default screen. Never changed anything like cables or screen. If you need more info let me know.
For those who have yellow display, can you please find your display profile in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Display-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxx and PM me? I believe Lion installer creates this profile as the default display for YOUR hardware, and thus it contains your manufacturer and device ID? Besides, can you find out whether your display is LED backlit or CCFL backlit?
(see updated note in the first post)

Interesting work - I tried the profile and found it a bit too yellow.

The default profile on the monitor seems washed out - I think the real issue lies with the screen itself. I don't think it's a decent IPS panel like they use on real MBPs.

What colour temp and gamma does your profile use? It still looks washed out to me.

For sure the panel is not an IPS, otherwise the 4530s will cost the double.

Also all the 4530s has LED panel not CCFL one.

here few Color Profiles made with Spyder4Elite for:

AUO B156HW01 V4
Samsung UE55C6200 - LCD TV
Dell 2405FPW
Acer H5350 - Projector

Attachments

• ColorProfiles.zip
    10 KB · Views: 199
Unfortunately it is like I thought. The profiles are very monitor specific. I´ve also the AUO B156HW01 v4 and if I set your AUO v4 profile the screen gets a extreme green color touch. So it is not good for me. But thx 4 sharing.

what is wrong with advanced display calibration in system preferences??? very detailed. gives me great results for screen on 4730s.

---------
sent from Galaxy Nexus.

nikstar said:
For sure the panel is not an IPS, otherwise the 4530s will cost the double.

Also all the 4530s has LED panel not CCFL one.
I had thought so (HP said anyway) until I measured the contrast ratio, which is 30:1, while the LED panel should have much further more than that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED-backlit_LCD_television
Besides, with Spyder4Pro, I get blue tint when choosing LED, but proper gray when choosing CCFL

For those who are happy with my old profile. Feel free to replace (if you want to) it with my new upload (first page), see more detail there. No performance improvement, just some native compatibility.

0101 said:
Interesting work - I tried the profile and found it a bit too yellow.

The default profile on the monitor seems washed out - I think the real issue lies with the screen itself. I don't think it's a decent IPS panel like they use on real MBPs.

What colour temp and gamma does your profile use? It still looks washed out to me.
I use all recommended option, 6500K, 2.2 and native brightness, which is 25%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back