Contribute
Register

[Color profile] HP Probook 4530s with *Hardware calibration*

Status
Not open for further replies.
oradoe said:
Hi all, unlike visual calibration, hardware calibration indeed pleased me. I use Spyder4Pro to calibrate my LCD monitor, and I want to share with you all. Unzip and copy this file to your ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles or /Library/ColorSync/Profiles , go to System Settings -> Display -> [Tab] Color, (uncheck "Show profiles for this display only" for some reasons), and choose HP ProBook 4530s.
Hope it helps!

Absolutely bloody marvelous.... well done sir..... :thumbup:

Vast improvement. :headbang:

Interestingly I found the colour synch utility wanted to make one repair to your profile, which it did?

It looks yellow for me :confused:

Willl0u said:
There are at least 2 (you and glengoyne17) reporting that the screen looks yellow when applied this color profile. Can you share your Hack's specification, especially LCD monitor, graphic card (and cable, if you know)

oradoe said:
Willl0u said:
There are at least 2 (you and glengoyne17) reporting that the screen looks yellow when applied this color profile. Can you share your Hack's specification, especially LCD monitor, graphic card (and cable, if you know)

the original LCD may be from different manufacturer that's why the profile my not deliver same result.

Willl0u said:

Let yourself get used to it, for me it was yellowish at first too but now it looks better, and the native profiles look blue.. also, the colors got similar to those on external monitors so this is nice!

New profile installed and looking great here! :thumbup:

I'm not sure if color profiles can be transferred between monitors.

per Steve Shaw
"Also, any calibration LUT or ICC profile is only of use for the actual monitor it was generated for - they are not transferable as all displays are different."
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/223/20748

You can use this profiles in other computers with same screen (or even other screen), but it´s like playing in lottery if they will give good colors. Even if the profile fits, you can only take it as a kind of "generic" profile for your screen.

The best and the only exact variant is to use a colorimetre like the Spyder series and calibrate you screen yourself.

It's too much yellow for me. It seems that LCD screens are supplied by different manufacturers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back