Contribute
Register

Coffeelake Laptop Thunderbolt 3 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...No solution then I suppose?

I have a similar situation. I have an ASUS external graphics card. My idea is to connect three 4K monitors by Thunderbolt 3. However, it seems that few people want to do this. My egpu still does not work through Thunderbolt 3.

Nothing to do with HDMI or USB type-C video output.
So...your suggestion is to stop trying to enable thunderbolt 3 and just wait for webdriver for 10.14? will that solve the problem?

So...your suggestion is to stop trying to enable thunderbolt 3 and just wait for webdriver for 10.14?

Or you could use a version that has Nvidia web drivers (High Sierra).

will that solve the problem?

No one can predict the future.

Look at properties for the monitor. Simple matter of right click -> Properties on the desktop wallpaper on each monitor.

Hello, Rehab.
I have a laptop with thunderbolt 3. I connected LG 5k under Windows and checked it in properties, LG 5k and internal display connected over UHD630.

Under MacOs I see usb devices of LG 5k (sound, camera) but don't see image on display.
Could you help me, please? Can I drive LG 5k via thunderbolt3?

Attachments

• dell g5 15.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 107
Hello, Rehab.
I have a laptop with thunderbolt 3. I connected LG 5k under Windows and checked it in properties, LG 5k and internal display connected over UHD630.

Under MacOs I see usb devices of LG 5k (sound, camera) but don't see image on display.
Could you help me, please? Can I drive LG 5k via thunderbolt3?

Try different ig-platform-id values or patch the connector table in the platform data appropriately.

Try different ig-platform-id values or patch the connector table in the platform data appropriately.

Thank you.
I tried different ig-platfroms and manage to drive my LG 5k, but it works as two separate displays (i see 2 displays in mac os settings and it seem resolution of LG 5k is 4k).
I tried work with connectors table but it doesn't give me any results.

Maybe you have any advice?

My apologies. It seems I lost -cdfon bootarg.
With it all work okay and I disabled third connector via properties in clover.

So thunderbolt is working on x1e on mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back