Contribute
Register

Coffee Lake i7-8700K Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to buy 7700k, but I decided to wait for 8700k. I use my hackintosh for music production (Logic and etc), so I don't want to find any compromise with 7700k or smth else. Honestly, I want the latest Intel proc, because my wife works in 3D Max and Autocad on Windows and sometimes rendering is so long. I am sure everything will be fine with 8700k, we need to wait a little.

I'm actually considering i7 8700K, I see there's one in stock in the shop in my city. I'm just afraid that macOS won't be able to run on it with ASUS PRIME Z370-A...

I wanted to buy 7700k, but I decided to wait for 8700k. I use my hackintosh for music production (Logic and etc), so I don't want to find any compromise with 7700k or smth else. Honestly, I want the latest Intel proc, because my wife works in 3D Max and Autocad on Windows and sometimes rendering is so long. I am sure everything will be fine with 8700k, we need to wait a little.

There has been reports of success with IGPU and eGPU on 8700. I guess it works on the 8700k as well.
I'm waiting as well, but I believe it will work! I currently have a 7700k and I use Ableton.. it is out of this world already, but apparently the 8700k will make it even better

Hi everyone i would like to assemble a i7 coffe's core with 32 gb which is good for the 4k you can address the components to take thank you in advance

Chip arrived, waiting for mobo ;>

i7.jpg

Chip arrived, waiting for mobo ;>

i7.jpg

Nice, i got the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming, and still waiting for i7 8700K, is sold out nearly everywhere and prices are really expensive with that situation. Hope to get it till Saturday.
Think we need to spoof CPUID to Kaby Lake anyway, 7700K has a 906E9, thats probably the most sucessful way to try, should work with all 6 cores anyway.

I just have called supplier, mobo should arrive on Saturday, hopefully all will run under macOS as I'm allergic to Windows :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back