Contribute
Register

Coffee Lake - i7 8700K + ASUS PRIME Z370-A attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you read Postings # 15 & 25 of this thread! RAM should not cause any problem this way.

Installing a m.2 NVM worked flawless, AFTER using any other SSD/HDD first and cloning OSx to the m.2. For me no particular BIOS Settings were involved, but Clover configurations for RAM and boot device.

Well, I did finagle things the way said postings recommended, and while the About This Mac info now says I have 16GB of RAM, it's split into 4 slots of 4...but I have 2 slots of 8? Is...this just how the system's gunna interpret the RAM? Also it says the speed's 3k but I have 2.4k sticks...

Also still no dice on the system even acknowledging that the m.2 is even there. I'm -sure- it's installed properly :T

Update 2: And now it won't recognize sound devices. Yay!

Last edited:
Had an issue with clover hanging at plus line, solved by using different memory slot.

5. I had issues with sound but installation of FakePCIID.ext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext helped.
Are you using AppleALC for sound?
What number do you use at Devices->Audio->Inject?

Tried to update High Sierra from 10.13 to 10.13.3 and got "macOS Sierra could not be installed on your computer" error.
Solved by getting back to single memory slot (DIMM A1).
Funny thing is in DIMM A1 works for macOS install but not for macOS itself.
And DIMM A2 works for macOS, but not for macOS install.

Ok, now changing slot doesn't help either.
It's very similar to the issues I had with Asus H170 Plus D3 motherboard and solution is pretty much the same.
Got dual channel working without messing with SMBIOS simply by disabling DIMM A2/B2 in BIOS and leaving DIMM A1/B1 enabled.
Slots are marked A/B 1/2 on motherboard, but A/B 0/1 in bios settings, which is little confusing, but not a problem if you have any idea of what you're doing.
Anyway, left DIMM A2/B2 slots empty on motherboard, used DIMM A1/B1, and system booted, at least once. Doesn't work stable though.

Last edited:
Actually both smbios solution and bios settings solution weren't stable because I was using overclocking settings, suggested when i was enabling XMP memory profile (2400Mhz).
Once I only left XMP without further overclocking, system became stable.

I've cleared smbios from memory settings and enabled both A1/A2 slots in bios settings, and now both single and dual channel modes work fine without changing bios settings or smbios.

So simplest solution to get dual channel working or to bypass clover hanging at plus line in single channel is to just disable (and not use) DIMM B2 slot in bios settings, which I do confirm working stable on my system.

Unless you want to use all 4 slots of course.

Last edited:
Not sure why following hackintosh audio guide didn't work initially.
Switched to Audio ID 7 and now it seems working, and even works better than Audio ID 1

The latest Multibeast update solved my problem with the GPU.
I now have the hackintosh apparently fully functional with my build, and with dual-channel RAM working. Cheers
Hey, do you think you'd be able to do a walk through since you have your system working and we have the exact same build?

I keep getting the message "OsxAptiofix2drv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using relock block: no, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

I keep getting the message "OsxAptiofix2drv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using relock block: no, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"
Disable B2 memory slot in bios, and make sure it's empty in motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back