Contribute
Register

Coffee Lake Hackintosh Success!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lewis.jones2803 Wow! Thats great work. I tried i5 8400 processor with Gigabyte Z370-Hd3P mobo. But failed to install. Every time the install got stuck in the chimaera screen. Would be great if you would you share the EFI settings please.
I also have same motherboard but with different processor I have 8700k tell me have you got success?

@lewis.jones2803 Wow! Thats great work. I tried i5 8400 processor with Gigabyte Z370-Hd3P mobo. But failed to install. Every time the install got stuck in the chimaera screen. Would be great if you would you share the EFI settings please.
Hi wwwpuntoit,

did you ever have any success with i3 8100 & MSI z370 pro combination? I am struggling to get past he boot screen also, no matter what I try?

@noballsyank, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi guys, I built my first pc two days ago (18/10/2017), and I attempted to turn it into a hackintosh. I have successfully got Sierra (10.12.4) working (10.12.6 untested). I am planning on attempting to update it to High Sierra ASAP to see how this works.

Hardware:
Processor - Intel Core i3-8100
Motherboard - AsRock Z370M Pro 4
Memory - 1x16GB HyperX Fury
GPU - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Wifi - TP-Link WDN4800
Bluetooth - GMYLE Bluetooth Dongle

I also have a 4K (dp) and a 1080p (HDMI) display. Multiple Displays ONLY work with the Nvidia Web Drivers installed.

As of yet, I have not noticed any slow downs, long pauses or black artifacts on the screen. HOWEVER, I HAVE NOT tested this pc in Adobe or other high-demanding programs. I have yet to test it and will make an update soon!

I will another post on the install process and performance specs, benchmars .etc ASAP!
Hey, i got pc spec
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
i5 8400
16GB (1xslot)
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti (Gigabyte)
SSD 120 Toshiba

Currently, I’m booting w/ Windows 10 64 bit on other SSD 250GB
How MacOS will work on machine?
Any suggestions?

Hello.

Any updates here? I'm very interested in updates.
And I'll try to install on this weekend too.

So, my results are following:

1. Installation was successful.
2. Integrated LAN adapter(Intel® I219V) works from box.
3. Driver on GTX 1060 didnot started :(
4. WiFi\Bluetooth(RTL8811CU) do not wants to start too.
5. Soundcard(Realtek ALC1220) did not worked too.

This was just a test installation, which get around 2 hours. I think there must be some workaround like:

Wifi\Bluetooth: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/realtek-released-drivers-for-802-11ac-usb-adapters.106288/
Sound: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/realtek-alc1220-s1220a-owner-thread.213617/

What I did not tested at all:

USB 2.0/3.1/Type C.

Hi guys, I built my first pc two days ago (18/10/2017), and I attempted to turn it into a hackintosh. I have successfully got Sierra (10.12.4) working (10.12.6 untested). I am planning on attempting to update it to High Sierra ASAP to see how this works.

Hardware:
Processor - Intel Core i3-8100
Motherboard - AsRock Z370M Pro 4
Memory - 1x16GB HyperX Fury
GPU - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Wifi - TP-Link WDN4800
Bluetooth - GMYLE Bluetooth Dongle

I also have a 4K (dp) and a 1080p (HDMI) display. Multiple Displays ONLY work with the Nvidia Web Drivers installed.

As of yet, I have not noticed any slow downs, long pauses or black artifacts on the screen. HOWEVER, I HAVE NOT tested this pc in Adobe or other high-demanding programs. I have yet to test it and will make an update soon!

I will another post on the install process and performance specs, benchmars .etc ASAP!

Hey man,
I have a problem with the wifi TP-Link WDN4800. It drops connection 5 minutes after start... every single time. This is the only thing that is not working in my setup. How did you manage to make it work? I think it is related to some BIOS settings. I tried changing the pcie link speed. No luck.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Solved! Changing pcie slot did the trick.

Last edited:
could someone please tell me how to configure the bios of my motherboard ASROCK Z370M Pro4 please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back