RX 580 4Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I have a fairly unique set of conditions. I have had for 4 years a nice working Sierra based Clover Hackintosh, I need to run 32bit apps, I have Nvidia based graphics, but recently some software I need to run now only works with OSX 10.13 minimum... So I need to be running High Sierra.

I've posted in another thread about some issues I was having with High Sierra and my Dual Nvidia GTX950 cards when I upgraded from a working Clover based Sierra build, thanks to some trouble shooting with @Edhawk, we established that only one card was going to work at a time (anyone want a spare GTX950? :lolno::lol:), and that one card is just about powerful enough to run my two 4K monitors... but I digress.

An odd issue that has occurred during the upgrade is that Logic Pro X no longer works, it terminates with the error:

Code:
Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (Code Signature Invalid)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x1

So, I guess Apple are now being more stringent checking the base system or have I missed something? (The High Sierra build is using OpenCore, as I understand it far easier than Clover).

And as a slight tangent... Now my i7-6700K (4Ghz) machine is running 10.13.6, I can run Geekbech 5... And it scores:

1212 Single-Core Score
5156 Multi-Core Score

Which compares with a new £699 M1 Mac Mini:
1747 Single-Core Score
7716 Multi-Core Score

If the Mac mini can drive two 4K displays, I'm wondering if it's worth bothering to keep my hackintosh going, and just try to figure out some other solution for running 32bit apps on a new macMini?

I'm going to get a MacMini anyway... So :confused:...

Last edited:
Check the other post, I offered my opinion on an alternative dGPU for your Skylake system, which would keep it running for a few years.

A new dGPU would enable you to run macOS Mojave 10.14.6, which is the last version of macOS to support 32-bit software.

Good to know.

I expect you need to have an Apple Developer ID to sign an app in this manner.

If you have an Apple Developer ID and sign in this manner, can you install
kexts in /L/E or /S/L/E?

Apologies, I’m unfamiliar with this nomenclature.
What is /L/E and /S/L/E
/Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions, where we used to install kexts

Ahhh, right! I don’t know. This build is using OpenCore and that works perfectly, all the kexts are added at boot time via EFI.
Unfortunately, the DRM patches of Shiki in WEG aren't working that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back