CPU
I7 2600K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My CMOS resets whenever I sleep, restart, or shutdown. For this reason, I can't wake from sleep, as the CMOS resets and I suspect this is what leads the computer to go into a loop of trying to wake up then shutting down again. I used to use a DSDT, but now that I have to use an SSDT with El Capitan, I must take the dsdt out or I get stuck at [pci configuration begin] or I get the acpi kext not found for this platform kernel panic. When I boot with my Unibeast drive, everything works perfectly, including sleep, and I can leave the DSDT in. Any ideas? I've tried installing the AppleRTC patch from Multibeast, but it is not working. I have the same exact config in my Unibeast as my HDD, except that the HDD doesn't have a DSDT, so I am at a loss.

I fixed all of my issues. It turns out that the guide I was using, How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover, shows that one must chose "install clover in the ESP". This was installing clover in the ESP partition, so I wasn't copying the boot-loader files from Unibeast into the correct place. When I installed clover with the post install tools, it went to the /EFI/ folder, as it should go. I copied the Unibeast files into this folder, and now everything works perfectly. I even have mouse support in clover, which I never had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back