Contribute
Register

Cmos Checksum Error - After Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
The code worked for me to. No BIOS reset anymore. Only difference from my SL setup is that I have to press mye keyboard or mouse a couple of times after the first click when I wake it up. If I dont it just falls asleep again.

@gpfieffer Where did you get the AppleRTC kext?

I'm glad this worked for you guys, does autosleep work for you as well?

Slightly different method of installation worked for me. First I copied AppleRTC.kext from System/Library/Extensions to ~/Documents folder. After which I deleted it from S/L/E. Then I ran:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' ~/Documents/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

With the code provided by Shelby earlier in this thread.

And to finish off, I installed Kext Helper from Multibeast, dropped the new AppleRTC.kext from Documents onto it, and selected Easy Install (after entering my Admin password).

Just running the code on AppleRTC.kext in my S/L/E folder didn't work for me and would make Lion hang on startup. Doing it this different way worked for me, and sleep now works without producing a CMOS Reset upon restart. I suspect you could get the same result by repairing permissions on your S/L/E folder after changing the code in AppleRTC.kext, but the method above was more foolproof for me.

Neither method worked for me. I can put it to sleep, but when I wake it up it starts up but sends nothing to the monitor.

@guitfiddle

My computer also has a tendency to not output anything to the monitor, and turning it off from the power supply for around 10 minutes then rebooting seems to fix the problem. Also, try clicking the mouse more than once when you are trying to wake from sleep. Sometimes it requires me to click twice or thrice just for the computer to output to the monitor, even when the computer itself is on.

Hi,

I resolved the CMOS reset with the latest MultiBeast. I installed the ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext and the CMOS reset thing was gone.

Hope this helps

Yea. Me too. Installed SL AppleRTC.kext and problem solved. No more cmos reset after sleep.

Fix did not work 4me I might try to install SL rtc and try
Works with SL RTC cool :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back