Graphics
GTX-660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So after installing Lion I got this error on a number of boots, after I select "Last Known Good Configuration" it starts up fine.

It seems to only throw this error when I change something on my system such as installing the LegacyHDARollback Kext or changing my boot volume's name.

Is this something I should worry about and what can I do about it?

My machine seems to run fine.

Thanks,

Shelby

Others say that one should execute following command in terminal. I am testing same as well, since I had the CMOS failure yesterday evening as well. No gtee though. I am just copying something here which I found somewhere else.

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xE9\x91\x06\x00\x00|\xC3\x90\x90\x90\x90|; s|\xE8\x7D\xFB\xFF\xFF|\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90|; s|\xE9\xFF\xF9\xFF\xFF|\xC3\x90\x90\x90\x90|; s|\xE8\x1F\x07\x00\x00|\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90|; s|\xE8\xF4\xFA\xFF\xFF|\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90|; s|\xE8\xA0\xF9\xFF\xFF|\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

regards
Manfredo

Thanks Manfredo,

Would you mind re-posting once you've completed this and letting me know how it went?

-Shelby

Okay I found this on another thread for those of you who are interested:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 992&st=360

Here's the thread I found it on:

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=25565

Apparently this problem has something to do with the AppleRTC kext and sleep.

With mine whenever I would put it to sleep it would reset the BIOS and cause a checksum error. I ran the code Manfredo posted and it put it right. Another option is to run the AppleRTC kext from Snow Leopard as they are similar.

Here's the code for people to use:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

If you have questions don't hesitate to ask although I'm not a techy person :)

-Shelby

Great, it does seem like it's sleep related. Mine does this too.

I guess I'll probably just move over the SL kext for now. Can anyone verify that works?

I too use the targus bluetooth adapter with my trackpad. I wasn't having any problems with lion until I connected my trackpad and put the hack to sleep while connected to the trackpad. Upon waking, the trackpad would not connect. On the next reboot, my cmos was rest.

Ran that code above. This time when I put it to sleep and woke it up, the trackpad immediately connected again. Will have to see about the CMOS, but I think this fixed it.

Kudos.

Ran that code above. This time when I put it to sleep and woke it up, the trackpad immediately connected again. Will have to see about the CMOS, but I think this fixed it.

Yep, same results here. Sleep wakes up and my keyboard and mouse are alive, though the screens stay dead until I tap a key. Note that only sleep using the main power button seems to preserve the keyboard. Using the menu (and probably auto-sleep) still loses the keyboard and mouse, though they are used to wake it up. Interesting.

CMOS stayed good for a reboot after sleep.

Excellent. Thanks!

CMOS reset and healing same
Once the code mentioned above is executed, a reboot needs to be performed or "killall Dock" in Terminal. Then it should work. And yes, it seems to be that the Lion wakes up again when pressing a kew on the kboard + the switch on the PC itself, or the other way round.

regards
Manfredo
:headbang:

That code fixed the CMOS problem for me as well, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back