I5 2500K
Graphics
GTX 980ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello I have an Hackintosh which works great, and I just bought an 40 inch 4k Samsung TV as a monitor.
The TV Supports Chroma 4:4:4. I was able to get 4k@30 4:4:4 flawlessly with the. HDMI input. Now I bought the Club 3D DisplayPort Adapter since everyone was recommending it to work at 60hz.
Now I have 4k@60 but I can't get the 4:4:4 working which looks really bad. For some reason it doesn't work either on windows 8. HDMI 2.0 worked perfectly on windows 8 (4k@60 4:4:4) I tried the pixel patch but it seemed not to. work and. I cooldnt boot anymore. But thats not a big Issue I will just reinstall Sierra. But I would love to get this Monitor working anyone has an Idea what it could be and what I can do?

Hi homohurre123 Im thinking about Samsung 40 atm and I found you tread when research how HDMi will work with 980to. Cant advise you here obviously yet. Any chance you get all working?
Do you use only one screen?

Hi homohurre123 Im thinking about Samsung 40 atm and I found you tread when research how HDMi will work with 980to. Cant advise you here obviously yet. Any chance you get all working?
Do you use only one screen?
Yes I got it working and it was just a setting on the tv. I get 4k @60. My only problem is that in widows 8 I don't get chroma 444 with the Adapter. Without Tv works fine. HDMI only only gives 4k 30 on Mac OS. Beside the tv is great as a monitor. Only issue would be that the black mouse cursor on a white background is kind of visible for a quarter second after moving it. But its not really bad. Having the screen estate is way better. In windows the cursor is white and its not an Issue at all. Im really happy with it :)

wow, on time this update:) Was mac updating Hdmi to 2.0 or Nvidia only?
Its time for decision: update from 10.12.6 vs active adapter....

homohurre123 what is the setting in your TV? is samething else then PC mode?

Wow, on time this update:) Was mac updating Hdmi to 2.0 or Nvidia only?
Its time for decision: update from 10.12.6 vs active adapter....

homohurre123 what is the setting in your TV? is samething else then PC mode?
Well first of all you need ultra hd colors setting and you have to change the HDMI input to PC. Mine was on normal HDMI Setting which was the reason it looked weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back