Contribute
Register

CloverBootloader becomes slow after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus p8z77-v
CPU
Intel 3570k
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Noob user and first help thread here!

Hey guys, so I it's been a while since I successfully Hackintoshed my way around my PC and I can't be any happier than seeing MacOS running on my PC. However I've encountered an issue that keeps repeating itself and I can't exactly figure out what causes it, and that issue is Clover booting really slow after a while of using Mac.

At first the issue was the "Firmware.scap" file that Mac generates in the "EFI" folder, and apart from making Clover slow it also made MacOS terribly slow, so I would just delete the "Firmware.scap" file and Clover/MacOS would boot fast!, however nowadays it seems to be Clover's fault? Clover becomes slow overtime, and the "Firmware.scap" file is now irrelevant because whether or not it's in my "EFI" folder, Clover will still boot slow yet MacOS boots and works fast.

I was smart enough to make a backup of my working/ImessageFix/Fast EFI setup and now whenever Clover behaves slow, I just replace the "EFI" folder with my backup and I go on about my day.

However I would like to know how to fix this issue, it becomes a pain in the butt having to be greeted with a slow boot up on random and having to replace files, and I also have no idea if doing so can harm anything in the future and make my problem even worse.

So please let me know if you have encountered this issue, and please let me know what specific files to share for better help, like I mentioned previously, I have a backup of my working/fast Clover setup, and I also saved a version of Clover when it was acting real slow, maybe there's something to compare and find what's wrong?

My PC specs:
Asus p8z77-v
Intel 3570k
8gb ram
Nvidia GTX 680
Kingston 120GB SSD
Clover v4411

Thanks!

@mixmakmax, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

This is the first time I have heard of "Firmware.scap"
There are some threads that talk about it, but they weren't causing issues for those users, users were just curious what the file was and if it was possible to stop generating as deleting it wouldn't work. Some users replied saying that it's harmless, but like I mentioned, it caused some troubles for me in the past but not no longer harms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back