Contribute
Register

Clover_v2.3k_r3292 2.3k_r3292 skylake fail el capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I was not able to verify the version from the apple store.I donwnloaded the full installer from the applestore and made a bootdrive with Unibeast. Clover starts, after choosing to boot the OS X it will end quite quickly with a no access sign.

It was the same screen I had in the first el capitan atempt where it ends up.
So not sure if it's chip set or cpu not supported, or if it's some other problem.

Also I did not find the "load optimized defaults' in the msi bios as recommended for previous msi boards.
I did set the nv_disable=1 in the boot arguments.

Try pressing F5 or F6 in the MSI bios. You should get a prompt to Load optimized defaults. Then make sure you disable VT-d and CFG lock.

Boot it up with verbose (-v flag). That will tell you how far it is getting (instead of just a prohibited sign).

Let me put my wizard cap on and forecast the future:

If you boot verbose, you will get a bunch of text... it will pause, maybe print another line and pause again... Then the text will get all garbled and you'll get the prohibited sign. If you read closely, the last line will say "Still waiting for root device". That means (if installing from USB) that the USB support is broken, and (if you put the installer on a SATA drive) that the SATA support is broken.

You can do the install to a drive on a separate machine, or put the installer on a PCIe drive then either way move the drive to the Skylake machine, but it's still a drag to use without a keyboard and mouse... :)

I was not able to find any information on the usb sata issue. What is it connected to?
Is it the problem of the z170 chipset?

I really need to get a working solution. Windows really sucks. Ethernet and graphics need to work, as well of course usb/sata. Audio I can use an external soundcard from my pioneer mixer.

If I would switch the mobo to an msi z97 based one with a 4770k cpu everything(?!) should work?( I guess I would need to switch the RAM too as ddr4 will not work on a z97.)
I have the msi gtx970(that one should work, right?) and so I would prefer to get a msi mobo as well.

Or is the usb/sata expected to be solved anytime soon?

Loaded opt defaults with f6(I hope I find a way to "undo" this, wrote down the changes)
booted with -v and get this: image1.JPG

Loaded opt defaults with f6(I hope I find a way to "undo" this, wrote down the changes)
booted with -v and get this:View attachment 159113

ok - i have run into this issue many times. first try in safe mode to see if you can get past it. second is you may have to try to remove OsxAptioFixDrv and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 in your drivers64UEFI folder. (as explained here:)
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.png

then also make sure that you have your ESP formatted correctly:

read the notes on this to show you how to format ESP as fat32 on mac first:
Clover ESP.png

also as a last resort, i have had to use this test2.EFI from this site to help me as well with my x99 mobo:
https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackin...relocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/

really hope this helps

I was not able to find any information on the usb sata issue. What is it connected to?
Is it the problem of the z170 chipset?

I really need to get a working solution. Windows really sucks. Ethernet and graphics need to work, as well of course usb/sata. Audio I can use an external soundcard from my pioneer mixer.

If I would switch the mobo to an msi z97 based one with a 4770k cpu everything(?!) should work?( I guess I would need to switch the RAM too as ddr4 will not work on a z97.)
I have the msi gtx970(that one should work, right?) and so I would prefer to get a msi mobo as well.

Or is the usb/sata expected to be solved anytime soon?

So far for OS X on the 170, there is no solution to get onboard USB to work, or add-in USB3 cards, or onboard SATA. Some people have been able to get PCIe SATA adapters and PCIe USB2 adapters to work. There is no solid accelerated graphics -- Nvidia can be made to work but with periodic freezes when using apps including Finder and Preview. ATI just doesn't work and Intel works unaccelerated only. Onboard sound doesn't work. PS/2 keyboard and mouse work mostly, if your board has the ports. It's a big old mess.

Right now, you'd definitely be better off with a z97 and whatever CPU and RAM it supports. With every El Capitan update, people are checking for improved support, but as of 10.11.2 Public Beta it's not there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back