MSI GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello

I did my first try to hackintosh ever yesterday, according to clover skylake should be supported with el capitan. Looks like I have to wait for the next release, unless somebody knows the issue.
Even after I put the boot flag for my gtx970, the macos x won't start after the clover screen. There is a big no access sign.
Screen Shot 2558-10-20 at 1.18.47 PM.jpg
My config
z170a msi gaming pro
i76700k
16gb kingstom furyx 2666mhz
hyperx 480gb ssd
2tb seagate sshd (which I will use to install and test hackintosh before wiping the ssd)
msi gtx970

best regards

How far did you get? Did you install OsX 10.11 on your HD or you just can't get to install screen from Clover USB?

try boot flags -v npci0x2000 nv_disable=1 slide=0

If still no luck see if you get any further with safe mode (-x) boot flag

also make sure you have the proper .efi files as per the guide in your UniBeast USB stick. That was a major problem I was having.

Keep us posted....

EDIT: make sure SIP is disabled too

This screen appears right after the clover boot selection when I select boot os x.

I was using the el capitan from the app store download, so that might as well be then.
How could I get the other version with skylake support?

This screen appears right after the clover boot selection when I select boot os x.

I was using the el capitan from the app store download, so that might as well be then.
How could I get the other version with skylake support?

This is no other version that supports Skylake. The latest iMac's are running El Capitan, not earlier versions of OS X.

I guess the version on the appstore has no skylake support, right? There must be a version with support as the new skylake imacs are shipping.

You need to wait a few more days for 10.11.1 to be released then redownload the App from the App Store and make a new install drive.

Hello

I was not able to verify the version from the apple store.I donwnloaded the full installer from the applestore and made a bootdrive with Unibeast. Clover starts, after choosing to boot the OS X it will end quite quickly with a no access sign.

It was the same screen I had in the first el capitan atempt where it ends up.
So not sure if it's chip set or cpu not supported, or if it's some other problem.

Also I did not find the "load optimized defaults' in the msi bios as recommended for previous msi boards.
I did set the nv_disable=1 in the boot arguments.

Edit: I saw the comment about USB and Sata missing on z170. As my installdrive is a usb thumbdrive and my targed drive would be a sata drive, probably no point of trying to fix something at this point :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back