Graphics
RX 6700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been playing with an old system, looking to update the version of Clover from 4835 to 5119. I have used the Clover installer previously and it worked just fine. However today when I tried to install it to a USB pen drive it failed to work, these were the screens displayed when trying to run the installer.

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 19.14.36.png Normal

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 19.14.51.png Normal

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 19.15.11.png Totally unexpected!

I opened Hackintool, navigated to the Utilities tab, selected the Disable GateKeeper icon, to move the Catalina NVME drive to Read/Write mode. But got an error as shown below.

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 19.27.15.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 19.27.45.png error - operation not permitted!

Anyone know why this would happen, I am assuming it happened since the last macOS Catalina Security Update. The same issue happens with macOS Mojave.

I just realised that an issue I was facing when using Terminal to disassemble ACPI tables could be related, as it gave the same error message - Operation not permitted. So it may not be Clover specific.

I should say that when I tried to run Clover_r5137 on my Catalina system it worked, but neither Clover_r5119 nor Clover_r5120 would work in Mojave or Catalina (tried them both on three different systems including a real Mac).

Could it be SIP related? As I have not disabled SIP on any of these systems.

I should say that when I tried to run Clover_r5137 on my Catalina system it worked, but neither Clover_r5119 nor Clover_r5120 would work in Mojave or Catalina (tried them both on three different systems including a real Mac).

Could it be SIP related? As I have not disabled SIP on any of these systems.
And previously did you install Clover with SIP enabled?
I think that to install Clover (with PKG installer) you have to have SIP disabled in order to do read-write the disk from Hackintool.
But if, instead of installing Clover, you prepare the EFI folder and copy it directly to the EFI partition, in this case you don't need SIP disabled because you only write to the EFI partition.
How are you doing that?

Last edited:
How are you doing that?
Thank you very much for installing Clover r5119 on USB with "SIP = disable" setting.
However, finding a Clover Configurator for r5119 is a hassle, so I decided to use r5137.

Append:
I was unable to start High Sierra on r5119.
Is there anyone who has started normally with r5119 even after update 2020-006?

Last edited:
FWIW, on my Z68 builds I've always had SIP disabled but I had to stick to Clover r5106 anyway (perhaps because of my dGPU — the more recent versions wouldn't boot). As for Clover Configurator, I kept using version 5.9.1.0 although some later release worked too, just because I didn't like the new tips mechanism... :mrgreen:
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I've got Mojave running (even on Legacy laptop), not tried 10.15+ yet.
EDIT2: to be accurate, I've now switched to OpenCore on my Desktop build, but although it's working on my laptop for 10.11 and 10.14, I want to keep the ability to boot my 10.6 and 10.9 partitions, for various reasons, and there, Clover Legacy is doing better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back