Contribute
Register

[Clover] Z87X-UD7-TH DSDT/config.plist edits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2
CPU
Core i7 4790K
Graphics
EVGA 980Ti ACX2.0+ SLI
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all... *cough* toleda *cough* :D

I've been following tonymac's clover guide for my first hack. On a few trial install runs (using discrete graphics) I've been mostly successful (except for audio and HD4600). I'm now learning how to edit config.plist and creating custom DSDT. Unfortunately, tony's guide is rather sparse when it comes to this.

In creating the DSDT in MaciASL, I've roughly been using this unibeast guide for inspiration, specifically to create the DSDT by applying the patches:

PJALM Gigabyte ->Z87X-UD7-TH
PJALM Graphics ->Generic Discrete Graphics (AMD/nVidia)
Toleda HDMI ->Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1

Then I complied and put the resulting DSDT.aml in /efi/clover/ACPI/patched/

My questions are:
(1) Do I need to make any additional patches to the DSDT for crossfire?
(2) Do I need to make any changes to the config.plist (standard from tony's guide) for crossfire?
(3) Do I need to make any more config.plist and/or DSDT edits to get HD4600 recognized? (I'd like to have it work as a backup)
(4) Other than audio_cloverHDMI / audio_cloverALC, are there any other edits that I need to do that I'm overlooking?

Hi all... *cough* toleda *cough* :D

I've been following tonymac's clover guide for my first hack. On a few trial install runs (using discrete graphics) I've been mostly successful (except for audio and HD4600). I'm now learning how to edit config.plist and creating custom DSDT. Unfortunately, tony's guide is rather sparse when it comes to this.

In creating the DSDT in MaciASL, I've roughly been using this unibeast guide for inspiration, specifically to create the DSDT by applying the patches:

PJALM Gigabyte ->Z87X-UD7-TH
PJALM Graphics ->Generic Discrete Graphics (AMD/nVidia)
Toleda HDMI ->Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1

Then I complied and put the resulting DSDT.aml in /efi/clover/ACPI/patched/

My questions are:
(1) Do I need to make any additional patches to the DSDT for crossfire?
(2) Do I need to make any changes to the config.plist (standard from tony's guide) for crossfire?
(3) Do I need to make any more config.plist and/or DSDT edits to get HD4600 recognized? (I'd like to have it work as a backup)
(4) Other than audio_cloverHDMI / audio_cloverALC, are there any other edits that I need to do that I'm overlooking?

1 & 2 there is nothing at all you can do to enable crossfire in OS X - it does not support it.
3. down at very bottom of the defaupt config.plist there is a GPU injection section...., but you might want to use Clover Configurator instead.
4. Don't know. What else is not working that can be made to work with a DSDT edit? Have you looked at the Mavericks native power management thread? http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back