Aorus Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello Everyone,

So after weeks of testing and tweaking, it seems that this is the only noticeable issue I have with my Hackintosh.

Basically, what happens is that the computer will go to sleep after 1.5 hours as per the setting in “System Preferences.” It will sleep, and wake normally within a certain amount of time as well.

The problem is that after a certain amount of hours not being woken up, the computer will restart itself. I will wake up in the morning and find it sitting at the Clover boot screen.

In an attempt to fix this, I have turned off “Wake for Network” and “Restart on Power Failure”. I have also turned off some settings in OS X such as “Wake for Network” and “Nap”.

I have also attempted to set the Hibernate to setting “0” but this has had no affect.

At this point it is probably an issue with the settings, but I don’t have enough understanding to know what setting to change, or where. If someone could help me look at this, I would really appreciate it.

….

SPECS:

GA-Z87X-UD5 TH

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3072 MB (SC)

Corsair Vengeance LP - 16 GB 1600 DDR3 RAM

3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 (OC to 4.3 GHz)

Rosewill PCI WiFi card

Samsung Evo 840 500GB SSD (OS X)

SanDisk 120 GB (Windows 8.1)

SanDisk 120 GB (Storage)

Seagate Barracuda 3 TB HDD

….

FILES:

Here are my Config.plist, DSDT.aml, and SSDT.aml files.

http://jeffwalker.ca/hackintosh/CLM-Hackintosh.zip

Same issue here.
Computer goes to sleep, and if it's for an extended time, the computer reboots and leaves me with a popup message saying the computer restarted because of a problem.

This doesn't happen if it's only alseep a short time.

Any ideas?

It's the absolute only issue I have with my hackintosh. Problem existed before and after upgrade to 10.10.1.

Sounds like the problem some of us are having and have been discussing in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/148289-memory-corrupted-after-longer-sleep.html

Part of what is going on is that Yosemite will do a darkwake every two hours or so, ignoring any darkwake=0 setting intended to prevent it. The more basic problem seems to be that waking after a longer period of sleep (whether a full wake or a darkwake) often leads to crashes and then a spontaneous reboot. No solution yet that I'm aware of.

@lend27: are you using Clover as well? Sorry to hear that the problem persists in 10.10.1 -- I was hoping that there might be improvement but hadn't had a chance to test.

Is this fix safe to use on a hackintosh running Yosemite?
I have the sleep/reboot problem. Is this a fix for that?
Just being cautious....don't want to mess anything up since the comp is running fine except for the sleep/reboot issue.

Thanks
Len

Well, I applied the fix. I will put the comp to sleep and see what awaits me in the am :)

I'll keep you posted!

Well, I applied the fix. I will put the comp to sleep and see what awaits me in the am :)

I'll keep you posted!

All is well this am. No reboots during the nite. Woke the comp this am with my BT keyboard and all was well. Looks like this fix works well with Yosemite.
I will keep you posted if things change.

Len

All is well this am. No reboots during the nite. Woke the comp this am with my BT keyboard and all was well. Looks like this fix works well with Yosemite.
I will keep you posted if things change.

Len

After another 3 hour sleep all is well. No unexpected reboots during sleep.

Len

Glad to hear you were having some luck, Len. Has it continued? :thumbup:

Glad to hear you were having some luck, Len. Has it continued? :thumbup:

Problem resolved.
Have not had any sleep wake issues since implementing the fix.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back