Intel HD5500 and NVIDIA GEFORCE 820M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Friends,

I'm trying to do a Hackintosh on a Dell Inspiron 3543 - using Clover+Yosemite. My laptop meet all the requirements for install Mac i.e: GPT HDD, UEFI enabled, AHCI enabled,Virtualization off.
I am using Rehabman's clover config plist for intel HD5500 (attached).

I have made 40 GB HFS+ partition for MAC using MacDrive in windows 8.1.

At the boot screen when i press install MAC OS X, apple logo appears and after some loading it restarts.

boot10.jpg

I am new to totally new this dont know about config cammands. Am I missing any kexts in my clover ?
Also, help me in editing correct config .

Thanks in Advance

PS: Sorry for bad image quality

Attachments

• config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 311
Hello Friends,

I'm trying to do a Hackintosh on a Dell Inspiron 3543 - using Clover+Yosemite. My laptop meet all the requirements for install Mac i.e: GPT HDD, UEFI enabled, AHCI enabled,Virtualization off.
I am using Rehabman's clover config plist for intel HD5500 (attached).

I have made 40 GB HFS+ partition for MAC using MacDrive in windows 8.1.

At the boot screen when i press install MAC OS X, apple logo appears and after some loading it restarts.

View attachment 143793

I am new to totally new this dont know about config cammands. Am I missing any kexts in my clover ?
Also, help me in editing correct config .

Thanks in Advance

PS: Sorry for bad image quality

Did you set DVMT-prealloc to 64MB or 96MB?

Details/links in FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I changed the the config a bit by changing nv-disable=0, in graphics NVIDIA to true and removed GenericUSB kext. It doesn't restart but now its stuck at apple logo at about 45% of progress.

Now what ?

I changed the the config a bit by changing nv-disable=0, in graphics NVIDIA to true and removed GenericUSB kext. It doesn't restart but now its stuck at apple logo at about 45% of progress.

Now what ?

You cannot make Nvidia work when you have both Intel+Nvidia.

nv_disable=1 needs to be set to allow Intel graphics drivers to load.

Setting DVMT-prealloc is not optional.

Ok I've followed that tutorial in which I have to extracted my downloaded BIOS file but there is not option to extract my Dell BIOS , .exe , file.

Ok I've followed that tutorial in which I have to extracted my downloaded BIOS file but there is not option to extract my Dell BIOS , .exe , file.

Most BIOS .EXEs are actually a .ZIP. Use WinZip or 7-Zip to extract the contents.

i can't boot from EFI shell to change the DVMT bios settings. In the tutorial they say

Prepare a USB stick and format it with FAT32 filesystem.

Download this EFI shell and you can find a folder named BOOT after extracting.

Copy this BOOT folder to your USB stick.

I followed it completely and made a EFI bootable usb stick but it doesn't boot. I also tried to make it bootable via rufus and copied the boot folder in it but the result is same.

i can't boot from EFI shell to change the DVMT bios settings. In the tutorial they say

I followed it completely and made a EFI bootable usb stick but it doesn't boot. I also tried to make it bootable via rufus and copied the boot folder in it but the result is same.

Must be copied to \EFI\BOOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back