Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
RX 580
Clover Yosemite Nvidia GTX 660 Safari browser videos issues

Hello,

My install is completely vanilla with Clover bootloader. Everything works perfect, except when I'm playing videos inside the Safari browser. I have attached a screenshot to what it looks like. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Other than that I have no graphics issues and my GTX 660 is recognized by default. It does not make a difference with/without nvda_drv=1. There is no issue in Firefox and videos show properly, but not in Safari. Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 2.46.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 2.46.53 PM.png
    808.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 2.54.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 2.54.21 PM.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 221
Oh nuts.

I had this one, and I've forgotten what I did to fix it. It wasn't in 10.10 however, it was in 10.9.x

*Thought*. Is it something to do with internal graphics enabled? Either that or hyperthreading. I can't remember which it was, but sure it was one of them.

Sorry for being vague...

Actually I do have the internal graphics enabled. This is how I got AirPlay to show up. Is there any way around that or it's either AirPlay or Safari videos, not both? :)

BTW it is intermittent and it does happen in Firefox as well.

So if I disable the internal Intel 4600 graphics, the videos in any browser are working fine. Seems like that is definitely the issue. But with only the Nvidia graphics, I lose AirPlay and screen mirroring. Are there any fixes with having both graphics cards working? I'm pretty sure the Intel 4600 is working and being recognized fine with 1.5Gb memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back