Contribute
Register

Clover Yosemite install - not creating a bootable installation on SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a readout from diskutil list in terminal. Can anybody tell me what I am seeing below the first two disks? What are those, and am I safe to get rid of them when trying fresh install. I want to approach it as if I'm just starting and only the blank SSD and clover USB are present.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    845.7 KB · Views: 166
This is a readout from diskutil list in terminal. Can anybody tell me what I am seeing below the first two disks? What are those, and am I safe to get rid of them when trying fresh install. I want to approach it as if I'm just starting and only the blank SSD and clover USB are present.

disk0 is your SSD/HDD. It is safe to wipe all the partitions (disk0s1,2,3) on it if you want to do a fresh install.

I will also add that when I created a new UniBeast USB to see if switching back would be any luck, the Yosemite install I did through clover was visible to boot to using the USB. But seeing as how I was dealing with chameleon now, I could not boot properly, and was met with KPs. Most likely due to differences in the bootloaders and perameters Clover took for the install. BUT it means that Clover is making a successful install, but that the Clover GUI is not able to recognize it, nor is it able to be booted to directly.

I will also add that when I created a new UniBeast USB to see if switching back would be any luck, the Yosemite install I did through clover was visible to boot to using the USB. But seeing as how I was dealing with chameleon now, I could not boot properly, and was met with KPs. Most likely due to differences in the bootloaders and perameters Clover took for the install. BUT it means that Clover is making a successful install, but that the Clover GUI is not able to recognize it, nor is it able to be booted to directly.

Means you're close.. I'd recommend doing a fresh UEFI install with Clover. There's really no reason IMO to use legacy on a recent UEFI board (i know you followed the guide).

I am having the exact same problem...used Unibeast and Multibeast and that will give me a perfect install untill I reboot, than I get a kernel panic (cpu 0)..
Tried clover and it will install fine until after the second reboot: no Yosemite hard drive or standalone boot...
This drives me crazy!

Z97X UD7 TH
i7 4790K
16gb Crucial Ballistix
Samsung evo840 SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back