i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just wanted to share my success story with getting Clover running a Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH mobo. I basically just followed the instructions in the thread

http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/113679-using-unibeast-create-clover-installer.html

I had initially spent some time creating a DSDT using MacIASL and the pjalm DSDT fix repo, but I didn't end up needing it. I had also done some reading on the config.plist, but the default is booting my machine perfectly. My GA Radeon HD 6850 is recognized, and after using MultiBeast to install audio and ethernet drivers, sound and networking work perfectly.

I'm not sure about USB 3, or sleep; once the machine booted to the desktop with sound, graphics and network I stopped fiddling. Stuff for another day.

Future tasks are to get USB 3 working, test sleep, then see if I can use my actual DSDT.aml and/or modify config.plist. I'm not exactly sure what my goal is, something very vague such as "get my DSDT and config.plist optimized".

Creating this thread for anyone else that happens to have this board.

Did you use the Options for UEFI Capable Systems or for BIOS only?

Please share your config.plist and used kexts for mobo Gigabyte Z77X-UP4-TH! Thank you!!!

Please share your config.plist and used kexts for mobo Gigabyte Z77X-UP4-TH! Thank you!!!
Ok well buckle up because it's been a while.

I only ever installed el cap on it. No reason to think Sierra won't work.

sound: @toleda's ALC 110 script
network: RealteckRTL81xx.kext (from multibeast)
last version of Clover I used that worked was v23_3253 but no reason to think later versions wouldn't work

In my clover kexts I had FakeSMC.kext, realtekALC.kext, and RealtekRTL81xx.kext.
In drivers64UEFI I had CsmVideoDxe-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, and osxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi. As far as I know this system is completely supported by multibeast so these are the default drivers.

The last version of multibeast I used on the board was 8.2.2.

I'll attach my SSDT.aml and config.plist in case it helps. Like I said I think it was pretty well supported by multibeast.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 149
Hello, could you tell me what version of bios you are using and if you could put photos of the bios as is set, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back