Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone!

I'm having great difficulties installing the latest Clover install on my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH (rev. F11) with Samsung 830 SSD drive.

The installation goes fine (at least so it seems) and EFI mount and copying goes well, but then my UEFI BIOS isn't able to detect the installation and can't boot anything at all...

I've begin to wonder whether it's perhaps a boot sector issue for the bootloader towards the BIOS, like the old 4K drive issue?!

I've installed Windows 8 Pro UEFI version and now I wan't my Mountain Lion installation to work alongside everything else!
I have two installations on my first SSD, an old Image from a backup as Main, and a new fresh install as a backup partition on the same drive (SSD).

I was able to install everything on an older drive, with full UEFI support and being able to boot the OS, but Clover can't find my other OS X partitions on my other drives, but still OS X finds everything whilst inside the OS.....
I've also been able to install Chimera right onto the SSD and Baam, working boot... But I want Clover! :'(

I find this Very strange and I'd like to learn how to get red of this problem once and for all!

/Nicolas

Hi,

did you copy the Clover Files to /Volumes/EFI/EFI ?

I did everything via the installer...
The installer should do everything for me...
The EFI partition has always been mounted and the files have been copied, just like I wrote in the post...

I did everything via the installer...
The installer should do everything for me...

No it doesn't. You still need to copy FakeSMC to the 10.8 or 10.8 folder and modify your config.plist for your hardware.

If you installed Win8, did you set Secure Boot in BIOS to enabled or disabled?

No it doesn't. You still need to copy FakeSMC to the 10.8 or 10.8 folder and modify your config.plist for your hardware.

If you installed Win8, did you set Secure Boot in BIOS to enabled or disabled?

Okay, now I've got everything up and running, except my GTX 770!

I've used the SMBios 13,2 for it all, yet I can't use my GTX 770... Solutions?

Okay, now I've got everything up and running, except my GTX 770!

I've used the SMBios 13,2 for it all, yet I can't use my GTX 770... Solutions?

Mountain Lion support 770? Thought you needed Mavericks for 770.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back