CPU
I5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated Clover with the Sourceforge installer. I checked it in Clover Configurator it said it hadn't updated (probably because I didn't restart) so I updated through that too.

After I restart the computer I can't boot into MacOS. I don't get any logo, just a restart after a couple of seconds back into Clover. Windows 10 boots fine.

I have dual boot on separate drives with Windows 10 and MacOS Mojave 10.14.3.

I'm having the same issue, trying to get everything back up with an external boot, but no luck.

Updated Clover with the Sourceforge installer. I checked it in Clover Configurator it said it hadn't updated (probably because I didn't restart) so I updated through that too.

After I restart the computer I can't boot into MacOS. I don't get any logo, just a restart after a couple of seconds back into Clover. Windows 10 boots fine.

I have dual boot on separate drives with Windows 10 and MacOS Mojave 10.14.3.

If you have your UniBeast installer USB drive, use that to boot your machine. Once at the desktop re-install the older version of Clover that you know works.

I had a similar problem and for Mojave reverted to 4820 which was fine.
:)

If you have your UniBeast installer USB drive, use that to boot your machine. Once at the desktop re-install the older version of Clover that you know works.

I've done that, but it's still not booting properly, only way it will boot is from an external. It seems that even with wiping the EFI partition that the new version is still present.

I've done that, but it's still not booting properly, only way it will boot is from an external. It seems that even with wiping the EFI partition that the new version is still present.

Hi there.

Well the only way the main drive will attempt to boot on its own is if there *is* a EFI folder somewhere with a boot-strap loader. If you have successfully removed the EFI partition then check the root of the main drive itself for an EFI folder. If Clover was installed in Legacy mode, instead of UEFI, the system can try to boot from there.

I'm able to do this. I'm assuming that I just 'install' the version I want from the sourceforge installers. I've done this with two versions, a 48xx and a 47xx, both didn't work. (I checked each time clover changed versions before booting into MacOS which it did both times). My USB version is 4674, which I can't seem to find a 46xx version on the sourceforge installers. Is there a way to do a clean re-install of clover from the USB? or maybe resetting some setting in clover? Any help would be much appreciated as I'm a little lost of how I could fix this.

I'm able to do this. I'm assuming that I just 'install' the version I want from the sourceforge installers. I've done this with two versions, a 48xx and a 47xx, both didn't work. (I checked each time clover changed versions before booting into MacOS which it did both times). My USB version is 4674, which I can't seem to find a 46xx version on the sourceforge installers. Is there a way to do a clean re-install of clover from the USB? or maybe resetting some setting in clover? Any help would be much appreciated as I'm a little lost of how I could fix this.

Well you're on the right track :thumbup:

If Clover won't install you could try completely removing the existing EFI folder on the main drive EFI Partition before running one of those Clover installers again.

NOTE: If you decide to remove the present EFI folder remember to copy it to somewhere safe first so you can use its contents again later if you need to.

As an alternative:

You could simply copy the UniBeast 9 EFI folder over to your main drive EFI partition to make the drive boot just as if it was the UniBeast USB drive etc. You'll need to re-install any patches and kexts too.

Well you're on the right track :thumbup:

If Clover won't install you could try completely removing the existing EFI folder on the main drive EFI Partition before running one of those Clover installers again.

NOTE: If you decide to remove the present EFI folder remember to copy it to somewhere safe first so you can use its contents again later if you need to.

As an alternative:

You could simply copy the UniBeast 9 EFI folder over to your main drive EFI partition to make the drive boot just as if it was the UniBeast USB drive etc. You'll need to re-install any patches and kexts too.

Deleting the EFI Folder and replacing it has worked. Better yet, I stumbled across my EFI back ups and so copied the version folder before the update over. Rebooted and now its working again. Thank you for taking the time to help me, I super appreciate it!

Do you know why the update didn't work? It it something I did or was it something with Clover?

Thanks again!

Deleting the EFI Folder and replacing it has worked. Better yet, I stumbled across my EFI back ups and so copied the version folder before the update over. Rebooted and now its working again. Thank you for taking the time to help me, I super appreciate it!

Do you know why the update didn't work? It it something I did or was it something with Clover?

Thanks again!

Good news :thumbup:

Don't think it was anything you did. I am not sure what causes this but experienced it myself recently. I updated to 4910 but my system refused to boot, so, as I mentioned above, I went back to 4820 and have been solid since.

Clover is a great tool, trying to cater for all of us and maybe things don't quite work out occasionally.

I'm having a similar kind of issue except its a fresh install, for some reason my boot options in the bios are still there from my previous install, whats weird is when I did my install today it didn't create a new entry as it should, I can only boot using a USB, and i have no other EFI yet the one in the EFI folder was old. which is really strange

considering I wiped both drives in my system, yet my old config which was used with high seirra was still there.
and what I'm assuming is those EFIs are for High Seirra, I'm not sure how i'd go about correcting these issues in bios and why its not getting past the apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back