1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all, I just built a rig following shilohh's golden build. Everything works flawlessly, when I initially installed, Clover would autoboot. Now though, it does not, even though timeout is set to 0 in config.plist on my EFI partition.

Any ideas why it's not autobooting? I don't want the gui displayed at all.

Hi self,

<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>*Name of your boot HDD*</string>

will fix this.

I realize this was asked ages ago, but I was having the same problem and this thread was near the top of the list when searching for solutions. After some trial and error, this is what worked for me:

Mount your EFI drive, launch Clover, and load your config.plist. In Clover on the far-left column, click "Boot" (second from top) to enter the Boot menu.

1. Enter the name of your boot drive here, e.g. "My Macintosh HD"
2. Leave this blank. I had "BOOTX64.efi" here, and no changes to Timeout worked, even though they were being copied to the config.plist. When I removed it, Timeout started working. (If this is already blank and changes aren't propagating, maybe try adding "BOOTX64.efi" back?)
3. Enter the number of seconds you want Clover to pause at the boot menu. "0" (zero) should bypass the menu entirely. You can always bring the Clover boot menu up by pressing/holding any key after your BIOS splash screen.

Clover Timeout.png

Hope that helps!

Hello everyone

I just successfully installed El Capitan 10.11.2 on my Hackintosh using Unibeast and MultiBeast with a fresh install over a Yosemite installation and now have started to finetune things.

I just realise how noob I am : I remember , since my chimera / Mountain Lion and Yosemite days , that I edited org.chameleon.boot.plist ( can't remember exactly in what directory it was found ). So my question(s) is(are). Is there any equivalent config.plist on the hard disk for a clover install? If so, what is the directory (entire path please) in which it is found? I tried spotlight to find that but to no avail.

More specifically I am trying to reduce boot time, by setting the boot timeout to zero so as to get to El Capital as fast as possible.

From past notes and previous search on Tonymac, what I did on my previosu installl was editing org.chameleon.boot.plist as follows :
Add this entry
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>

And removed this entry

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

I am also trying to search this site but I must be either too tired or too old or too noob or to find any answer yet (continuing my search though), so if anyone could point me to the correct direction .... Thanks !

astrobruin:

You really saved my Christmas by pointing me to the direction of leaving the Deafault Loader blank, to get the settings in config.plist to work.

Not very intuitive and probably not intended, but did the trick anyhow...
(Used the newest Clover version I got through cvad's boot utility. Maybe the Clover guys could check it out?)

Thank you, thank you and thank you again!

Vegard

astrobruin:

You really saved my Christmas by pointing me to the direction of leaving the Deafault Loader blank, to get the settings in config.plist to work.

Not very intuitive and probably not intended, but did the trick anyhow...
(Used the newest Clover version I got through cvad's boot utility. Maybe the Clover guys could check it out?)

Thank you, thank you and thank you again!

Vegard

Hooray! Glad I could help save Christmas - just like the movies! ;)

And thank you for letting us know! It not only helps reinforce good habits (taking the time to post possible solutions) but also lets others know the solution worked for others. Cheers and Happy New Year!

Info about Clover 4114:

With EmuVariableUefi-64 installed: No default boot volume. No auto boot. Nvidia Web Driver and Audio work on Sierra..
EmuVariableUefi-64 not installed: Default boot volume and auto boot work fine. Nvidia Web Driver and Audio fail on Sierra.

Board: Gigabyte Z270-HD3P (ALC887), CPU: i7 7700K, Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Thats a problem with all newer boards, as native nvram store operations are not supported any more. As soon as we install EmuVariableUefi-64, it bricks Last booted Volume auto selection and timeout in seconds. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back