Contribute
Register

Clover with the old guard: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far no luck. Setting XMPDetection to Yes or 1 didn't change anything.
I start thinking the problem is related to DSDT.

It could be, I wouldn't know. I didn't edit mine. I think it came from tonymac library here. I could share it with you, but mine is rev1 and most likely will break more stuff than not for you.

Hi damx I am back - three channel setup -

When I use any system definition below MacPro12,1 I get a 2 channel memory setup, irrespective of the XMP
switch 1/2 used. Starting with MacPro12,1 and beyond I get a 3 channel memory setup provided the XMP switch is set to 1

I have done some further Geekbench 3.2.2 x64 testing, the results of which are interesting and reflected below.

Note my bios is rev.FH and the mobo is rev.2

Chameleon 2342 11240
Clover xmp=0 2332 11063
Clover xmp=1 2340 11246

As can be seen the xmp switch did make a difference provided a system definition of MacPro12,1 or above is used. The memory used, in my case 6 sticks Mushkin Redline, must have an embedded XMP profile which
is readable and usable by whatever bootloader is in operation.

In my mobo's bios I have an option to disable XMP or alternatively enable Profile1 , obviously Profile1 is enabled as otherwise the memory embedded XMP values could not have been extracted.

As a side note I would not recommend a SMC definition which does not conform as close as possible to your mobo's specification. For our boards it must be either MacPro4,1 or MacPro5,1 as these are the only mac platfoms on which Apple used the 1366 CPU socket, anything beyond that ventures into the Sandy/Ivy Bridge domain as far as CPUs are concerned, something which CPU's, that fit socket 1366 are definitely not.

Another problem when using a totally mismatched system definition is that built in kernel optimization routines that are not meant for your hardware may kick in and cause problems, needless to say, without which I prefer to use my hackintosh.

To m4cOser's question about my throughput statement. The way I phrased it was rather misleading, sorry for that. What I meant is that the boot process appears "smoother". Under Chameleon I frequently find
that the kernel is finding it difficult to "enumerate some USB devices" it usually attempts to "enumerate" that device, which I don't know which it is, multiple times. This I have not yet observed to happen when the
boot process was initiated by Clover.

Did a clover install recently using this method to create a usb install pendrive: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ler-w-clover-uefi-and-legacy-the-correct-way/

I used MBR instead of GUID and replaced vboxhfs with HFSPlus from github (see post #50) in the 64bit driver folders.
You need to boot 2 times from the usb into the installer. It will Install "something first and then secondly osx".

Booting from usb the third time my freshly installed Yosemite SSD showed up in clover and i was able to boot into Yosemite.
I installed clover on my SSD using the settings from damx ( thank you mate) from Post #50 in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate...uard-ga-x58a-ud3r-rev-2-0-a-5.html#post919297

Then i used Doods X58A native Powermanagement guide to improve my own extracted DSDT and SSDT (hit F4 while in clover and it will extract the ACPI tables into Efi/clover/ACPI/orig i think)
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...a-dsdt-native-power-management-modifications/

after weeks of twiddling i got it working for me, mostly everything is working fine, sleep, shutdown is pretty instant instead of waiting a minute for it, and kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios 111122
Only thing is the misreporting of the triple memory slots.
Benchmarked chameleon ( perfect triple channel setup in osx) and clover ( three dimms of four) with the same drivers, files and settings but there are no bigger performance differences between those two as you can see here: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/compare/2844089?baseline=2798779 (slightly lower score is chameleon, higher score is clover)

Hi i recently install Yosemite with Clover with not a traditional method but the only one that works for me. I installed Yosemite with USB created with Unibeast (Using tonymacx guide to install Yosemite). Then i installed all the necessary KEXTs and restart and still booting from USB. Then i made a USB with CLOVER to booting from with this settings(using CLOVER tonymacx gudie):

• config.plist config.plist-GE=Yes-NVIDIA.zip
  • Kext files: FakeSMC, GPUSensor,CPU Sensor and RTL81xx
  • Remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and copy HFSPlus.efi
  • Enabling Audio with HDAEnabler7.kext and AppleHDA.kext
  • I fixed iMessage with How to Fix iMessage Name: header-index-icon.png Views: 144035 Size: 1.5 KB Chapter: 5 SmUUID (System-ID).

iMessage Works
App store works
icloud works perfectly.

Now is up and running booting perfectly the only issues that i noticed until now is that some times it restart suddenly, when i restarted it or shut it down it take some time and now im trying to enable 3 channel memory with 4 x 4gb banks.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

mcbeth303 I am very impressed with your Geekbench 3 performance scores!

I am in the process or upgrading my EX58-UD3R with a Xeon W3690. I am concurrently repackaging the motherboard into a customized Prodigy case (can be seen at: http://www.tonymacx86.com/retail-ca...ard-ex58-ud3r-into-prodigy-mini-itx-case.html ).

In this go around, I am only doing Yosemite with Unibeast/MultiBeast and Chimera. This is without a DSDT.aml. My system does most things well but does not wake from sleep all of the way (I can live with this on a workstation).

I was wondering if you had "tips" to obtaining such good GB scores?

Good modding,
neil

Thanks for pointing out the C and P States!!!! That helped with the Performance before/after sleep issue! Now I get the betterish performance right on first boot.

I am attaching pictures of the set-up. I tried playing the DSDT Patches like Hpet, ACPI option, Kernel options (AICPUPM, Kernel PM) Nothing has really changed the performance. Quite annoying to say the truth!

I wonder what the Multibeast had that we are missing!

Hi Spos86

My computer is GIGABYTE GA-X58-UD3R V2.0 FB
Graphic card ATI Radeon 5770 1024 RAM 1GHz
RAM: 12GB kingston 1333
Intel i7 950

Which method used to create the bootable USB stick?

My Boot is frozen in at /Boot 5

Can you help me, please

Hi Spos86

My computer is GIGABYTE GA-X58-UD3R V2.0 FB
Graphic card ATI Radeon 5770 1024 RAM 1GHz
RAM: 12GB kingston 1333
Intel i7 950

Which method used to create the bootable USB stick?

My Boot is frozen in at /Boot 5

Can you help me, please
Legacy Mode is only thing that will work on your hardware as your BIOS is not UEFI.

Of course.

As I mentioned my system was already running Yosemite with Chimera, I only changed the bootloader to Clover. In my case it was too easy - I did not create bootable USB and skipped all these steps as I had a fully working system.
Since I did not install any audio at this time, I guess the sound is using the drivers from my old Multibeast installation (use ver. 6.5.0 and not 7.0 with nothing but Audio).

What I did exactly:

1. Download Clover ver 2976 and installed it to my HDD with Legacy settings posted in Step 4 of the guide (How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover):
View attachment 113006
2. Download two kexts - also from the guide:
FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL81xx.kext
and place them to /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10/
(have to mount EFI partition first to be able to see it)

3. I use DSDT and place it to /EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/
(you have to select one which corresponds to your rev.# and BIOS version)

4. Download config.plist-GE=Yes-NVIDIA.zip and move it to /EFI/EFI/Clover/

5. Download Clover Configurator and used it to edit my downloaded config.plist as described in Post#2 of the guide (this step only needed for iMessage issues).

6. Remove (or rename) /Extra/ folder

7. Restart the computer and that's it!

Hope it helps. I agree with Neil who has recommended the similar method to have Yosemite installed with Unibeast and then apply Clover installation over it.

You Sir, are a legend. Worked a charm. I cloned a fully installed and setup image of El Capitan from my MacBook onto an SSD and got it booting up in my hack the moment I did everything on your checklist.

1 billion thank yous!

No USB 3 though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back