1. eMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
  4. Other
Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure out why my Hackintosh won't boot from Fusion Drive; and it'll only boot from the Clover USB stick I made.

My current setup:
• Asus Sabertooth Z77, with UEFI secure booting set to "Other OS" (if set into Windows, the motherboard won't boot into Clover at all, no matter what media it's on)
• USB stick, with Clover
• Fusion Drive, with 10.10
• SSD, with 10.10 (don't ask, just a "testing ground". Plan to installing Windows 10 into this drive sooner than later)

I've installed 10.10, and I've re-ran the Clover installer again, to make sure Clover is installed on my active OS X (the target drive). I followed the provided Clover Guide by Tony, on the Post-Install part.

Still no luck, I can only boot from USB stick.

Any help?

EDIT, FOUND THE SOLUTION:
Been a long day, but here's what I did to get my system to recognize Clover and eventually booting from HDD as opposed to USB stick:

Get to the Clover boot menu (where you choose which OS/Drive to boot), and choose boot options, choose something that says something along the line of "install on all boot partitions".

I am having a similar issue with my fusion drive. During the 10.10 install on your fusion drive, did you just do a normal Install using a Clover USB drive (per the guide you mentioned)? On the second restart the install didn't resume by itself like normal (per Tony's instructions) I had to click continue as if it was the first part of the install. Then during the post install, the EFI partition didn't mount. I think the fusion drive messed with the second part of the 10.10 install process and the EFI partition wasn't created on the second restart.

Is is this what happened to you?

I had no issues following the guide on a single drive, everything worked like normal.

Hi there, I'm in the same situation as you were before, I followed the same guide, but like you I am using a fusion drive, I was wondering how you got the "install to all bootable" option in clover, I only get the usual boot options.

I also tried mounting the SSD's "EFI" partition and then using the clover installer to "Install RC scripts on all other bootable OS X drives", but still no dice.

EDIT:

Managed to solve it as well, I installed the Clover on to the USB only this time using UEFI settings and then copied the EFI partition from the USB drive into the SSD EFI and HDD EFI partitions. It's time for me to move away from legacy bootloaders anyways.

If you feel the need to update, updating is going give you the same problem. I had to manually copy one of my EFI folders to the root of the main partition, install Clover, and then copy the EFI folder back to both hard drive EFI partitions. It's easy to get the versions and configurations out of sync, or to configure Clover Configurator on one EFI partition but find you're booting from the other. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back