Contribute
Register

Clover : white crossed circle on boot (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
GT 740
Hi everyone,

For several months, I used a hackinosh without difficulties. Everything was working well. (El Capitan).

This evening, I was working on blender and I installed a logitech control center in order to setup my mouse.

After logitech installation, I reboot as MacOS asked for it.

During the reboot process, my pc doesn't reboot (stay on black screen for several minutes).

Ì reset my computer and start again. On boot, when I select MacOS on Clover, the white apple logo appears, then a white crossed circle. And nothing else. I don't know what to do and I don't understand what happened.

On PC boot, if I go into the bios (F12) and I select the windows SSD, Windows 7 starts. If I go into the bios (F12) and I select the MacOS SSD, Windows boots too.

Is there anyone who can help me please? It will be very appreciated.

My config:
Motherboard: Z97-Gaming 3
1 SSD 250Go for windows 7
1 SSD 500 Go for Elcapitan
1 To HD for Windows Data
1 To HD for MacOS Data
1 Blu ray
1 DVD

Thanks a lot!

Fabien

Hi I have had exactly that problem and nobody here seems to be able to give any answers. I wait a couple of secs then press esc this takes you back to clover screen then enter should restart the process. Sometimes it starts mac other times redo its a lottery. If you redo your multibeast settings it normally behaves well for three days then it starts playing up. I am trying to load Linux Mint and maybe walk away from mac, too many hassles and software incompatibilities.

Usually its down to Kext Caches not being updated correctly usually to get past (or find out) whats going on you would boot up in verbose mode.

Hi KONKY1 can you explain "boot up in verbose mode" and then what would I be looking for. Thanks a million for your response.

Edit your config.plist to add -v to the boot-args list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back