1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hey All,
First time building a Hackintosh and having a great time getting stumped and figuring out the issues. I'm planning on doing a build post soon, but thought I'd kick my first post off on this forum with a solution, instead of requesting help.

Problem
While attempting to boot up Yosemite 10.10.4 using Clover, the boot would fail and the last line/error displayed when in verbose mode would almost always be (or at least be one of the last lines):

Code:
[B]Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>[/B]
IMG_0183.jpg
Anyway, after a lot :banghead: playing with KEXTs, rebuilding the SSDT, a bit more :banghead:, a lot of searching on this forum, insanelymac, and google without any solution to this problem in sight (just a few posts here and there where people state this issue without a solution), I finally stumbled onto the solution. Thanks to Sndb889's post about his/her successful build with Clover and linking of his config.plist - I was able to successfully boot without receiving the "Waiting on...." error.

A little comparison of his config.plist and my original config.plist (via Clover Configurator) and I have determined which attribute was causing the problem:

DropOEM​

Solution

In Clover Configurator -> ACPI UnCheck the "Drop OEM" attribute in the SSDT section.

CloverWaitingOnIOProviderClassDropOEM.png
As soon as I unchecked this option and rebooted, I was in business. :headbang:
My final config.plist is attached below.​

Environment

• Intel Core i7-4790K
  • Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
  • Yosemite 10.10.4

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 3,029
Hey All,
First time building a Hackintosh and having a great time getting stumped and figuring out the issues. I'm planning on doing a build post soon, but thought I'd kick my first post off on this forum with a solution, instead of requesting help.

Problem
While attempting to boot up Yosemite 10.10.4 using Clover, the boot would fail and the last line/error displayed when in verbose mode would almost always be (or at least be one of the last lines):

Code:
[B]Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>[/B]
Anyway, after a lot :banghead: playing with KEXTs, rebuilding the SSDT, a bit more :banghead:, a lot of searching on this forum, insanelymac, and google without any solution to this problem in sight (just a few posts here and there where people state this issue without a solution), I finally stumbled onto the solution. Thanks to Sndb889's post about his/her successful build with Clover and linking of his config.plist - I was able to successfully boot without receiving the "Waiting on...." error.

A little comparison of his config.plist and my original config.plist (via Clover Configurator) and I have determined which attribute was causing the problem:

DropOEM​

Solution

In Clover Configurator -> ACPI UnCheck the "Drop OEM" attribute in the SSDT section.

View attachment 142755

Environment

• Intel Core i7-4790K
  • Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
  • Yosemite 10.10.4
Thanks. I just recently switched from Z87 to Z97 and from Chameleon to Clover. After less than 2 hours of troubleshooting, your solution enabled me to boot into my existing 10.10.5 partition. Thanks again

hi I have the same issue when booting after patching DSDT/SSDT
Im new to those and I want to know how to boot without those patched DSDT/SSDT
or how can I boot the system to using the clover configurator?

I had the same issue today after clearing the cmos.
I discovered it was due to a storage setting called 'Agressive link power management (ALPM)'
Disabled that feature and it worked like a charm.

Hello,
Lord hackintosh - I ask for help in my problem !!! I tried everything, I went through the whole Internet, if anyone knows how to fix the error, please tell me

problem.
When you try to load Mojave 10.14.6 using Clover_v2.4k_r4972, the download will fail and the last line always ends almost the same
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Xeon E5-2670|Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79|16320 MB DDR3 SDRAM|MSI RX 560 4gb

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    917.4 KB · Views: 415
  • config.plist
    3.5 KB · Views: 194
I was using a sandy bridge installation on devils canyon as I do not have an installer. Your suggestion allowed me to boot. Thank you
Hey All,

Problem

Code:

DropOEM​

Solution

View attachment 142755

Environment

• Intel Core i7-4790K
  • Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
  • Yosemite 10.10.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back