Contribute
Register

Clover VS Multibeast/Unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Do Clover and Unibeast serve the same purpose? Multibeast is for performing a backup amoung other things, correct?

If Clover and Unibeast have the same purpose, what are the pro and cons?

Thanks!

Completely separate things...
Clover is a bootloader. Unibeast installs Clover to your USB. And Multibeast can be used to install Clover to your HDD/SSD.
Unibeast is a tool used to create a USB installer (the resulting USB has Clover on it).
Multibeast is a post-install tool used to install kexts, Clover, and other configuration data.

Clover is a bootloader. Unibeast installs Clover to your USB. And Multibeast can be used to install Clover to your HDD/SSD.
Unibeast is a tool used to create a USB installer (the resulting USB has Clover on it).
Multibeast is a post-install tool used to install kexts, Clover, and other configuration data.

Sorry i'm a kind of newbie in Hackintosh. My computer works fine thanx to the guides i found here but i have a question. If i want to install a driver i didn't choose the first time can i use multibeast a second time? and in this case i need to choose all the item i have to install or only the new items?

Thanks!

I have a related question. If have already used Clover to set up my iMessage. I'm having a heck of a time getting my Nvidia drivers to work so I'm thinking of changing my system definition from Mac Pro to MacBook Pro. If I run Multibeast again, will it destroy / overwrite the config.plist file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back