Register

Clover v5098 causes boot to fail.

• Thread starter Deleted member 188658
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 188658

First off this only occurs on my BetterHackZ97 build - a GA-Z97X-Gaming-5 MB build. It does NOT occur on my "2017 Hack" build - a ASROCK Z270-ITX/ac MB.

When using Clover v4961 on Z97X all works well. It boots from the APFS formatted SSD NVME 256GB drive.

I take the Clover install package for 5098 (having downloaded from SourceForge) and install it on the ASROCK - sweet all went well. Boots perfectly from that system's NVME SSD.

Same installer package run on the Z97X installs just fine. On boot the Clover splash screen comes up with the standard boot selections. I select the SSD NVME drive (if not already selected) and boot just clears the screen. NO Apple logo appears. I can confirm that the version is v5098.

I rebooted with the -v Clover option and the boot text is short and sweet, it ends at the point where it is listing the UUID of the boot drive and then NOTHING.

My guess is that Clover is having difficulty accessing the boot drive - which it has listed as a boot option correctly.

Anyone any suggestions?

The fact that the OS is Catalina or Mojave on the boot disk doesn't change this behavior.

Is this supposed to be posted directly on a Clover support thread - or is it okay to ask about this problem on this community?

I have same issues.
reinstall clover v5098 without backup. lost my handoff :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Did you guys get this message when trying to install clover? "this version of mac os x is not supported on this platform".
Do you think it might have something to do with the "Data" volume Catalina creates?

Did you guys get this message when trying to install clover? "this version of mac os x is not supported on this platform".

I personally don't have that problem.

I am using Clover_v2.4k_r4961-UEFI

with no issues

I still have the original problem of this thread. If I attempt to install a Clover v5097 or v5098 on my BetterHackZ97 build - a GA-Z97X-Gaming-5 MB build, my boot disk becomes a brick.

I looked at the EFI partition by booting in Recovery mode, and using the Terminal app from Recovery, and seeing that the EFI partition of the boot disk has ONLY the APPLE folder. There is no CLOVER or Microsoft folder. By deleting the APPLE folder, and then copying the old EFI_Backup/...old version... back onto the boot EFI partition, using v4961 the boot disk becomes bootable again.

What is the Clover installer doing in that it seems to run successfully - and the new Install log says it is successful - but all that exists in the EFI is the APPLE folder - no CLOVER folder?

I am downloading the installer from : https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases

??:banghead:

Mount the EFI partition before updating clover
I believe Catalina prevents installer scripts from mounting it.

Mount the EFI partition before updating clover
I believe Catalina prevents installer scripts from mounting it.

I have tried this on Mojave and get the same result - after install there is only an Apple folder on the EFI partition.

When I mount the EFI partition from the OSX boot disk I do NOT see it as an option in the installer. The installer still shows the full boot disk as the default install location. I believe it installs to the EFI partition of the disk by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back