CPU
i5-6260U
Graphics
Iris 540
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have created a clover usb drive UEFI with 2 partitions mac os extended journaled with mojave in it EFI fat32 which has all kexts etc to get it going.

This drive wont boot up in my NUC with bios defaults and the few options changed in the instruction guide.

The USB drive will show up and run on my macair so I believe the usb drive is setup correctly.

Any ideas on were I should be looking?

Thanks

EFI zip attached

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 90
I see UEFI : USB : Mac OS X : PART 0 : OS Bootloader When I turn on the nuc and hit the F10 to select the boot option and when I select it nothing happens

@samanfield I have the same problem as you.
Did you find any solution for this?

Last edited:
I wasted an hour troubleshooting this so I figured I could contribute some. The BIOS on these NUC has an NVM in which it saves not just the boot order but a bunch of information about the boot drive. The purpose I am guessing is for the BIOS to boot faster and not have to scan for drives at every boot. The problem is this... If you successfully booted and OS from a drive be it SSD or USB, it will keep it in memory. Keep the name and the sector it needs to read to boot.

Now the problem: The bios will not scan that port, USB or M.2 and will constantly try to boot it the same way it was successful at last time if the device is similar. How similar, I don't know.

The Solution: force a rescan of the drives and this takes plugging the drive to another port, plugging in and removing other drives until the bios finally reads the correct bootloader. You can see what bootloaders it thinks it sees by pressing F10 at each boot.

My adventure: I tried swapping an SSD which booted successfully ubuntu for another clover bootloader SSD. The NUC keep reporting that it had the ubuntu drive even though I swapped it out for the clover one and would keep erring with "cannot find bootable drive". This has nothing to do with your drive being bad. I eventually plugged and unplugged various drives and enabled/disabled the legacy/EFI boots a number of times and recovered the system.

Feature creep software gone bad if you ask me...

This is happening to me also... Maybe it's because I'm a noob, but have been trying for the past 2 days hoping it will reset like @rafale77 described but no luck.

Any NUC experts out there that can help resolve this issue would be great.

Any bootable USB drives that I plug into the NUC shows up as

Code:
UEFI : USB : Mac OS X : PART 0 : OS Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back