Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X58 EVGA Classified SLI
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
Radeon 7770
This may have already been answered, but I couldn't find an explicit yes or no on it. I currently have a working High Sierra installation on my hard drive. I want to swap the video card for a different one, but I'm not 100% sure the new one is going to work. Since I'm going from Nvidia to AMD it is going to require changing and removing kext and changing some boot flags, but I don't want to break my current installation if things don't work out. I know I should create a backup somewhere, but at the moment I don't have a spare drive to do that to.

My question is this: If I make the kext/boot flag changes on my Unibeast created boot key, will those be the ones used if I boot from it then select my hard drive from the Clover menu? What I'm hoping for is that I can experiment with different kext and flags on the boot key, but not actually touch the ones on my hard drive if I need to revert back to my Nvidia card. I assume the answer is yes, the ones on the key are the ones used, but I just want to make sure before I potentially break things to the point where I can't recover from.

If I make the kext/boot flag changes on my Unibeast created boot key, will those be the ones used if I boot from it then select my hard drive from the Clover menu?
Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back