Contribute
Register

Clover updated, now can't boot into MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed v5.1 r5125 was released yesterday. Git commit notes "Resolved legacy boot (6,7) file." Not sure what that means exactly, but I'm curious if this new release would solve the issues we were having with r5124.
Anyone following or a part of this thread brave enough to give it a try and report back?!
When I have a couple of hours to dedicate and troubleshoot I'll try and give it a shot– not eager to kill my machine again though.

I've just upgraded to 5125 and I'm seeing exactly the same issues. EXITBS:START hang.

Same here, i updated from 5119 to 5125 and only MacOs Catalina does not boot. Nothing changed further, just upgraded. Seems someone in another thread had the same and got only 5122 working.

Same here, i updated from 5119 to 5125 and only MacOs Catalina does not boot. Nothing changed further, just upgraded. Seems someone in another thread had the same and got only 5122 working.
Clover versions after 5122 have added parts/features of OpenCore to make it work with Big Sur. Therefore you need to add the proper quirks to your config.plist for it to work. Slice has a PDF document on 5125 (attached below) on Clover but unfortunately it's only in Russian. :| If 5119 works on your system you could simply go back to using that.

See the sample .plist on Github: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor...ckage/CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER/config-sample.plist

Attachments

• Clover_Khaki_Color_rus_5125.pdf
    13.8 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I just booted Macos via install USB stick and installed Clover 5122, all is working now again. The 5125 was really fast. So will check it out, hoepfully the howto comes in english too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back