Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MTBAS215
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620
So I have updated to the latest clover bootloader and now I have this error.

I am very new to all this, just wondering if anyone has had this issue and knows a quick fix?

Thanks

Attachments

• P_20210924_214255.jpg
    P_20210924_214255.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 157
Not sure what I am doing wrong but I can't even get the Hackintosh to boot now.

You need to open your Clover config.plist in Clover Configurator and navigate to the SMBIOS tab. There you need to select the 'Update Firmware Only' option and reselect the MacBookPro14,3 SMBIOS from the drop down list.

Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 14.31.15.png

The 'Update Firmware Only' option is highlighted in the screenshot above.

This should deal with the SMBIOS issue shown in the screenshot you posted above.

You need to open your Clover config.plist in Clover Configurator and navigate to the SMBIOS tab. There you need to select the 'Update Firmware Only' option and reselect the MacBookPro14,3 SMBIOS from the drop down list.

View attachment 529758

The 'Update Firmware Only' option is highlighted in the screenshot above.

This should deal with the SMBIOS issue shown in the screenshot you posted above.
Thank you I will try that, thankfully I can still boot using my efi folder from my USB just need to figure out how to get the WiFi enabled again to update the firmware.

Which WiFi card are you using?

Which kext(s) are you using on your laptop normally, that are not in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on your USB?

If the WiFi kext is in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on your macOS drive, simply copy it to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on your USB.

Mount both EFI partitions using Clover Configurator and you can drag and drop files between the two.

Whatever you do, don't overwrite the EFI folder on the USB with the one on the macOS drive. Otherwise you will not be able to boot.

It is the built in Intel wireless card in my laptop and I had to download and install the kext itlwm, I have copied the kext to the USB EFI folder, I won't touch anything else in my USB since I know it boots. Heliport still says the itlwm isn't running so it won't connect to my WiFi, sadly my laptop doesn't have a Ethernet port or I would just bypass it, would the airportitlwm be a better choice?

AirPortItlwm.kext might in this instance be a better choice of the two Intel kexts.

You probably need to uninstall Heliport if you do use the AirportItlwm.kext, to prevent any conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back