Contribute
Register

Clover update (to a Big Sur compatible revision) hangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
MSI Geforce GT-710 2Gb DDR3
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
On a fully working Catalina 10.15.7 with Clover r5120, I installed the latest r5132 to get prepared for the Big Sur transition...

Now it hangs on the grey Apple bootscreen - several boot attempts done.

System definition changed from iMac14,2 to iMac15,1 with Multibeast before updating Clover (Gigabyte Z97 mobo with Haswell i7-4790), so got access to the AppStore Big Sur download. But needed the Clover update in advance to perform the installation.

Read somewhere on this forum that some Quirks may be needed to get Clover up and running again. But where do I start finding out what I need here? Is it related to the mobo, processor, graphics card? Checked some settings that other users had luck in solving the problem (I use Clover Configurator to add the quirks), but made no difference in my boot-life.

Any thoughts on problem solving?

Attach my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 89
On a fully working Catalina 10.15.7 with Clover r5120, I installed the latest r5132 to get prepared for the Big Sur transition...

Now it hangs on the grey Apple bootscreen - several boot attempts done.

System definition changed from iMac14,2 to iMac15,1 with Multibeast before updating Clover (Gigabyte Z97 mobo with Haswell i7-4790), so got access to the AppStore Big Sur download. But needed the Clover update in advance to perform the installation.

Read somewhere on this forum that some Quirks may be needed to get Clover up and running again. But where do I start finding out what I need here? Is it related to the mobo, processor, graphics card? Checked some settings that other users had luck in solving the problem (I use Clover Configurator to add the quirks), but made no difference in my boot-life.

Any thoughts on problem solving?

Attach my config.plist
probably be better and easier to transition straight to OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back