Contribute
Register

Clover update has broken my hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah come to think of it it never really ran as fast as i thought it should. it's got tonnes of ram and a good cpu.
i am running the most up to date version of El Capitan and the Clover version is 2.4k rev 4061
At this stage I would suggest that you boot with your USB installer then select your hard drive.
When you reach the desktop you should be able to recover your previous EFI configuration from /EFI-Backups on your system disk.

Then it must have been running like a three legged dog with cpus=1.
And why all of those unnecessary ACPI fixes ?

Which version of the Operating System is installed ?
Which version of Clover are you using ?
are you able to tell me how to setup Clover using the configurator? You say that it is not right so if I can put the right details in it then it might start working again.

ok i
At this stage I would suggest that you boot with your USB installer then select your hard drive.
When you reach the desktop you should be able to recover your previous EFI configuration from /EFI-Backups on your system disk.
found those backups so how do i imlpement one of them? just copy the whole EFI folder over the existing current one on the drive?

are you able to tell me how to setup Clover using the configurator? You say that it is not right so if I can put the right details in it then it might start working again.

See the Clover Wiki.

ok i

found those backups so how do i imlpement one of them? just copy the whole EFI folder over the existing current one on the drive?
Delete the /EFI folder and contents from your EFI partition and replace it with the /EFI folder and contents from within your latest backup folder.

ok
Delete the /EFI folder and contents from your EFI partition and replace it with the /EFI folder and contents from within your latest backup folder.
I have tried all of the backups that were available. none of them worked. i have also tried removing all the additional fixes you mentioned and that didn't work either. any other ideas?

No, sorry.
ok what about this screenshot? does it help the diagnosis any more?
IMG_1206.JPG

That shows an enabled Serial port (SuperIO) - Disable it in your BIOS settings.
so i did what you said and that partially fixed the problem. now it will boot but only after power cycling about 15 times. so I have to leave it and come back to it after about 5 minutes of power cycling and it will have booted up. do you know where I can get the verbose mode logs to post here so somebody can look at them and give me some more pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back